Author Topic: Dershowitz on Trump Jr Meeting: ‘A Candidate Has the Right to Get Information From Whatever Source’  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Trent Baker16 Jul 20171,425

Saturday on Fox News Channel’s “Justice,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz defended President Donald Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., for meeting with Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya to do opposition research.

According to Dershowitz, there is nothing wrong with a candidate getting information on his opponent from any type of source.

“If it were to be prosecuted, the First Amendment would trump. A candidate has the right to get information from whatever source the information comes,” he argued.

Dershowitz also pointed out, “If the material was obtained unlawfully, you prosecute, if you can, the people who obtain the material. But there is a First Amendment right of a candidate to use information. You can’t include information under the campaign finance law. That would be unconstitutional.”

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/16/dershowitz-on-trump-jr-meeting-a-candidate-has-the-right-to-get-information-from-whatever-source/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Dershowitz has had a lot to say about this, but he also thinks the LAPD framed OJ.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The names Trump and Dershowitz are connected by te name Epstein.

Offline edpc

Along with Bill Clinton and who knows what others.  Epstein should have been put away for life with all the charges they could have brought.  However, he only served a year for one count of solicitation.  I'm willing to bet he's got a trove of damaging info that rivals Hoover's files and a dead man's switch.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you agree or disagree with the opinion Dershowitz has expressed here??

Offline edpc

Do you agree or disagree with the opinion Dershowitz has expressed here??

You're forced to agree because the information, no matter how damaging it may have been, would never get coverage from the press.  Therefore, it would have zero value.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Since, by Dershowitz' argument Obama was perfectly within his rights to use the contents of the unsealed Ryan divorce proceedings during his Senate run - I'm going to disagree with him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:58:05 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink