Author Topic: NYU librarian laments 'fatigue' from 'presence of white people'  (Read 902 times)

rangerrebew

NYU librarian laments 'fatigue' from 'presence of white people'
Toni Airaksinen

New York Campus Correspondent

A New York University librarian recently felt compelled to pen a blog post bemoaning the “racial fatigue” she experiences “in the presence of white people” following an academic conference.

April Hathcock said that she “hit her limit” after spending five days “being tone-policed and condescended to and ‘splained to” by "white men librarians" and "nice white ladies."

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9439
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:49:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: NYU librarian laments 'fatigue' from 'presence of white people'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:00:00 pm »
NYU librarian laments 'fatigue' from 'presence of white people'
Toni Airaksinen

New York Campus Correspondent

A New York University librarian recently felt compelled to pen a blog post bemoaning the “racial fatigue” she experiences “in the presence of white people” following an academic conference.

April Hathcock said that she “hit her limit” after spending five days “being tone-policed and condescended to and ‘splained to” by "white men librarians" and "nice white ladies."

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9439

If one looks at the general zeitgeist that exists out there regarding all these stories about the "White Race Problem", and how it is being taught in education from K-College - the seeds of institutional persecution and genocide are being sown there.

That is a scary prospect to consider when you look at the birthrates of whites verses all other ethnicities in this nation and combine that with the self-loathing of white guilt having been indoctrinated into the generations following the Baby Boomers.

You can pooh-pooh the very idea of something like that ever happening here, but history teaches a decidedly different lesson.  And what you see today are the germinating seeds of what may come.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
Be like, you know what I'm sayin?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »
So she drones on in a screed, condescendingly explaining how tired she was of what was most lilkely a conference of 90% white liberals 'splaining things condescendingly to her. Oh the irony.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:42:08 pm »
I have a pretty simple solution for April if she wants to be around more people of her own race.  Aside from that, why does every profession have to be viewed through some kind of weird SJW lens?  Can't she just help people find the books they need and learn how to use the microfiche?

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:27:22 pm »
In other words, she's a racist, plain and simple. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »
Why doesn't she see to it more folks she would feel comfortable around can (and do) read and frequent libraries, and then she will be gainfully employed among those she is more culturally comfortable with.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:07:15 pm »
Everyone should write an email to the head of the NYU libraries, Carol Mandel, objecting to Ms. Hathcock's racism.  Her email address is cm77@nyu.edu

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:21:22 pm »
In other words, she's a racist, plain and simple.

It's funny how many other names the left has for it when they're the bigots.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
It's funny how many other names the left has for it when they're the bigots.

Yup.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 11:37:55 pm »
Yup.
Well, if those white people weren't "acting white", would it be taken as "cultural appropriation"?

We have reached the point (again) where there is no right answer.
I was there in the race riots in High School, where no matter what you said it was an excuse to jump you.
I learned to jump back the second the setup question was asked. Americans who are the brunt of this crap will, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 12:34:06 am »
Well, if those white people weren't "acting white", would it be taken as "cultural appropriation"?

We have reached the point (again) where there is no right answer.
I was there in the race riots in High School, where no matter what you said it was an excuse to jump you.
I learned to jump back the second the setup question was asked. Americans who are the brunt of this crap will, too.

Interesting point.