Author Topic: Columbia University pays large settlement to student harassed by ‘senior thesis’ of ‘Mattress Girl’  (Read 494 times)

rangerrebew

July 16, 2017
Columbia University pays large settlement to student harassed by ‘senior thesis’ of ‘Mattress Girl’
By Thomas Lifson

You remember Emma Sulkowicz, aka “Mattress Girl," don’t you?”  She accused fellow student Paul Nungesser of what these days is termed “gender-based misconduct,” but which seems to be really just rape, or maybe sexual assault, if a jury so found. But after a thorough investigation by University authorities, Nungesser was exonerated.

Sulkowicz did not accept the judgment, and, as the Columbia Spectator put it:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/columbia_university_pays_large_settlement_to_student_harassed_by_senior_thesis_of_mattress_girl_.html#ixzz4mzsgmTLJ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Wingnut

I wonder if he could now sue "mattress girl"

Oh, and great news on the cash award.  But the Universities apology was pretty damn lame.

Offline anubias

Mattress Girl should be lying on a metal bunk.

Online Polly Ticks

I wonder if he could now sue "mattress girl"

Oh, and great news on the cash award.  But the Universities apology was pretty damn lame.

I wonder why he hadn't already sued her.  He was exonerated.  She was running around loudly proclaiming him guilty.  Sounds like a good case for slander to me, although I am obviously not an attorney.

The university's 'apology' was one of those 'I'm sorry you were offended' things, but I guess I'd rather have the cash than the words anyway.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra