Author Topic: Dropped Charges Due to “Cultural Incompetency” Demonstrates Exactly Why Assimilation is Vital  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Dropped Charges Due to “Cultural Incompetency” Demonstrates Exactly Why Assimilation is Vital

Posted by Spencer Raley | Jul 12, 2017 | Immigration Blog Posts, Law & Justice | 27 |

Assimilation is one of the most critical aspects of any successful immigration system. It determines whether an aspiring migrant will be able to adapt to a nation’s values, laws, and culture. And no, this type of assimilation doesn’t mean that one must throw away all of the cultural heritage that makes a person who they are. Rather, it means that they must reconcile their heritage with the laws and values of the nation they wish to join.

A breaking story in New Hampshire highlights the importance of this concept. According to court records obtained by the New Hampshire Union Leader, a prosecutor dropped domestic violence charges against Augustin Bahati, a Congolese refugee, when she unilaterally decided “that he lacked the cultural competency to participate in the American justice system.” In essence, this means that the prosecutor determined Bahati was still so rooted in his old culture – where domestic violence is presumably acceptable – that he was incapable of being legally responsible for violating American domestic abuse laws.

http://immigrationreform.com/2017/07/12/charges-dropped-due-to-cultural-incompetence/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:08:01 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
This must be the same judge who bought the "affluenza" defense. :tongue2:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Smokin Joe

• The light at the end of the tunnel.
Perhaps this person should be sent somewhere where he can be more 'culturally competent'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Wingnut

Perhaps this person should be sent somewhere where he can be more 'culturally competent'.

That would be the only rational conclusion.

Online Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because liberals only care about immigrants cleaning toilets and giving the Dems illegal votes. But obey our laws? That's racist and bigoted!
And a country boy will survive.

Offline Smokin Joe

• The light at the end of the tunnel.
Because liberals only care about immigrants cleaning toilets and giving the Dems illegal votes. But obey our laws? That's racist and bigoted!
If I go to Somalia and break their laws, I can just about guarantee I'd be prosecuted (or whatever passes for it) there, whether I had any understanding of their law or not. We should afford visitors to our fair land that same opportunity, whether they claim to be 'refugees' or not.

While prosecutorial discretion remains, the prosecutor should have her judicial competence questioned as well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:48:00 PM by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline berdie

If I go to Somalia and break their laws, I can just about guarantee I'd be prosecuted (or whatever passes for it) there, whether I had any understanding of their law or not. We should afford visitors to our fair land that same opportunity, whether they claim to be 'refugees' or not.

While prosecutorial discretion remains, the prosecutor should have her judicial competence questioned as well.

May I give this a loud AMEN?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf