Author Topic: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say  (Read 3452 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 12:03:49 am »
McCain has to either resign or croak to be removed from office before his term expires.  I'm sure there's some archaic Senate rule, as there is in the House, where the Members can control their Membership, but I don't think it's been used in either House,  So, as a practical matter, he's there as long as he wants to be, and he has repeatedly chosen to keep that sinecure for life.  The Ted Kennedy of the GOP.

If he were to resign or croak, then AZ's current Governor, Doug Ducey would be the one to make the decision.  I don't know about whether one could call him "conservative," but he was a huge Trump supporter in '16.
We really need to repeal the 17th Amendment, so the state can regulate who represents it in the Senate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 12:25:05 am »
It is not really about this particular issue with 'what's wrong with McCain'. It is a harbinger.

Even if they fix this one, it will just again. Nobody, no doctor, no amount of money, can overcome being over 80 years old. Why in the world he got re-elected is a mystery for the ages. Yeah! sure! I'm going to vote for this senile 80 year old dude for another 8 year term. That makes perfect sense!

I don't know what is going on with McCain constantly getting elected by dead people and illegals, but I know it doesn't matter. He's in a one on one fist fight with Death. He may win one or two, but eventually it doesn't matter.

Questioning Comey McCain says:
In the matter regarding Comey (said to Comey) and his investigation of Hillary Clinton...
((the lights are on, but nobody's home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VyWxBMMZWI
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 12:27:52 am »
We really need to repeal the 17th Amendment, so the state can regulate who represents it in the Senate.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 12:35:37 am »

The 17th is good but I'd rather repeal the 16th
God is still in control

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 12:37:47 am »
Neurosurgeon: McCain's Recovery From Brain Surgery Might Take Weeks
July 17, 20175:55 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

Courtney Columbus

The initial report of Sen. John McCain's surgery sounded simple: the removal of a blood clot above his left eye. But it was actually brain surgery, and the clot was almost 2 inches long.

The surgery prompted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to delay a vote on the health care bill until the 80-year-old McCain is well enough to return to the Senate.

As NPR's Geoff Bennett and Tamara Keith reported, "the Republican senator's absence from the Capitol would have complicated the already tight math surrounding a planned Senate health care vote to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act."

More: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/17/537748077/neurosurgeon-mccains-recovery-from-brain-surgery-might-take-weeks
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:38:08 am by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 01:08:16 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

In Texas, if a senator couldn't serve due to illness or death, the governor would appoint someone to be senator right now and a special election would be called to elect another senator.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 02:37:52 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

In Texas, if a senator couldn't serve due to illness or death, the governor would appoint someone to be senator right now and a special election would be called to elect another senator.
But who decides he couldn't serve if ill?  The state or the Senator or the Senate?

@Cyber Liberty says it is up to the Senator or the Senate.

The point is how to get him out of there, not who takes his place.

@Victoria33
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:40:48 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 07:10:40 am »
The 17th is good but I'd rather repeal the 16th
If we got rid of the 17th, the States would be able to load the Senate with people who would consider getting rid of the 16th... I have little doubt that Statehouses across America would love to get their grubbies on some of that revenue, and the elimination of those Federal Funds and programs would be all the excuse they needed to raise state taxes while softening the blow with the  elimination of Federal ones.

It's a pipe dream with a bunch that can't even repeal Obamacare, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 01:19:03 pm »
Oh it goes much deeper than that.

Why cause I don't I follow the circular firing squad herd? Cause I have opinion that are different from yours?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 12:15:01 am »
Just heard on Fox News that McCain has brain cancer. Could get chemo and/or radiation.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 12:17:29 am »
What are the chances that a conservative would be his replacement?

You have a better chance of seeing God.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 12:18:44 am »
Just heard on Fox News that McCain has brain cancer. Could get chemo and/or radiation.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:47 am »

Brain cancer at 80.  Not looking good.  I would venture to say that he probably won't be returning to the Senate. Prayers going out for him and his family.  So sad ... his daughter is devastated with the news.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:33:12 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:58 am »
There is a thread in National News.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 12:30:57 am »
Me, either. One thing for him to have an 'event' and retire, but sorry to hear he has brain cancer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 12:43:13 am »

If he had any brains he would reject both of those treatments and just live out his remaining days.   

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 12:54:39 am »
If he had any brains he would reject both of those treatments and just live out his remaining days.

Well, that certainly is a decision he is going to have to make.  My father died of cancer at 69 years young.  He was diagnosed 5 years before he told anyone.  He chose to go fishing and travel a bit and ignore the cancer.  It finally caught up with him and eventually he had no other choice but to begin chemo in order to slow the progression down.  He lived with us for almost 7 months, Hospice was called in to help.  7 months wasn't nearly long enough and there were times when I was angry that he chose not to seek treatment right away ... who knows if early treatment would have save his life?  I do know that living as normal of a life as possible without doctors visits, poking, prodding and going through chemo (until the end) was his wish ... he was a heck of an outdoorsman; fishing, hunting and an excellent barbecuer! I just miss him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 01:33:46 am »
Brain cancer at 80.  Not looking good.  I would venture to say that he probably won't be returning to the Senate. Prayers going out for him and his family.  So sad ... his daughter is devastated with the news.

Nope.  Brain cancer at any age is bad but at McCain's age and with his health problems ....
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 01:38:44 am »
However problematic he may be as a Senator, I have spoken and listened to a number of people who were in Hanoi Hilton with McCain. To a man, they praise him and his willingness to take torture and beatings for other prisoners. He was implacable and selfless in a horrific situation, and that deserves respect from ALL of us. I understand some may want to see him replaced with a more reliably conservative Senator, and I share that view...but lets all be careful not to disrespect a man who is a genuine American hero. I was angry with President Trump when he criticized McCain's military service, and I am pretty unhappy now with those today who seem more concerned about getting rid of the Senator than they are willing to honor the man and all he's given for his country.

John came by my canine and I at the airport a couple weeks ago...by himself with no entourage or fanfair as usual...and did not look good at all. Just looked tired and like he'd lost a good bit of weight. But he was, nonetheless, friendly and humble. He's a good man and a great hero to this nation...so, please, lets not forget that during this discussion. My own thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during what must be a very difficult time.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 01:54:36 am »
At the risk of being insensitive during this time of his trials, what can be done to certify McCain is incapable  of serving his role of US Senator for Arizona?

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 01:56:04 am »
You have a better chance of seeing God.
Me and you will have a 100% chance of that happening.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 02:00:12 am »
However problematic he may be as a Senator, I have spoken and listened to a number of people who were in Hanoi Hilton with McCain. To a man, they praise him and his willingness to take torture and beatings for other prisoners. He was implacable and selfless in a horrific situation, and that deserves respect from ALL of us. I understand some may want to see him replaced with a more reliably conservative Senator, and I share that view...but lets all be careful not to disrespect a man who is a genuine American hero. I was angry with President Trump when he criticized McCain's military service, and I am pretty unhappy now with those today who seem more concerned about getting rid of the Senator than they are willing to honor the man and all he's given for his country.

John came by my canine and I at the airport a couple weeks ago...by himself with no entourage or fanfair as usual...and did not look good at all. Just looked tired and like he'd lost a good bit of weight. But he was, nonetheless, friendly and humble. He's a good man and a great hero to this nation...so, please, lets not forget that during this discussion. My own thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during what must be a very difficult time.
I never thought I'd say this to something you've said, but where credit is due—

Well stated.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:05 am »
At the risk of being insensitive during this time of his trials, what can be done to certify McCain is incapable  of serving his role of US Senator for Arizona?

I don't think you need to worry about certifying that he is incapable. His type of tumor(s) is aggressive and the prognosis for that type of tumor isn't very good; survival median is about 14 months. I don't forsee that he will be returning to the Senate; if he does, I think it will be for a very limited time.  I anticipate that he or a spokesperson will be announcing his retirement sooner rather than later.

http://www.abta.org/brain-tumor-information/types-of-tumors/glioblastoma.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 02:10:19 am »

He either resigns or dies.  We don't have a choice, that was made last election. It's up to him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 02:13:02 am »
In our prayers.