Author Topic: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say  (Read 3453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say

By DENISE GRADY and ROBERT PEAR JULY 16, 2017

The condition for which Senator John McCain had surgery on Friday may be more serious than initial descriptions have implied, and it may delay his return to Washington by at least a week or two, medical experts said on Sunday.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, has already announced that votes on a bill to dismantle the Affordable Care Act will not begin until Mr. McCain’s return. A statement released by Mr. McCain’s office on Saturday had suggested that he would be in Arizona recovering for just this week, but neurosurgeons interviewed said the typical recovery period could be longer.

The statement from Mr. McCain’s office said a two-inch blood clot was removed from “above his left eye” during a “minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision” at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, “following a routine annual physical.” Surgeons there are not conducting interviews, and Mr. McCain’s communications director, Julie Tarallo, said no further information was available.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/health/john-mccain-blood-clot-recovery.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:19:37 am »
I wondered if this caused his recent incoherent statements......[well more than usual..lol]
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:01 am »
A blood clot anywhere in an 80 yr old is a big deal.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:35:09 am »
I wondered if this caused his recent incoherent statements......[well more than usual..lol]

I was wondering the same thing.  He's been particularly  .... odd ... lately.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:39:52 am »
A blood clot anywhere in an 80 yr old is a big deal.
Something else is wrong as well.  Normally that small a clot would not be removed it would be left to reabsorb on its own - maybe there was ongoing bleeding around it??   And if would be unusual to be waiting for pathology after a clot removal.  Usually a clot is just a clot. I strongly suspect there is mor going on here than is reported.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:40:19 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:24 am »
Something else is wrong as well.  Normally that small a clot would not be removed it would be left to reabsorb on its own - maybe there was ongoing bleeding around it??   And if would be unusual to be waiting for pathology after a clot removal.  Usually a clot is just a clot. I strongly suspect there is mor going on here than is reported. 

Agree @Mom MD   McCain has survived several bouts of melanoma, a very aggressive form of skin cancer.  Melanoma tumors are loaded with blood vessels and have a tendency to bleed so the doctors are probably checking to see if the melanoma has reappeared in his brain. The lab tests could be routine for someone with his history.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
How can McCain be declared 'unable to fulfill his duties as Senator' and be replaced?

What are the chances that a conservative would be his replacement?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
How can McCain be declared 'unable to fulfill his duties as Senator' and be replaced?

Is there a conservative in his seat now?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:11 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines. The articles state that the clot was above the eye but clotting can cause a transient ischaemic attack (TIA); "mini" stroke.  Clots block.  A clot anywhere is serious and often they are left to disolve on their own, but I'm not so sure that they allow the body to reabsorb clots in the brain. As you had stated, it would seem that there may be hemorrhaging around that area.  But an article that I read stated that he was resting and recovering at home. With him being a U.S. Senator, I'm sure his privacy is perhaps being guarded at this point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 01:49:55 pm »
Conflicting information seems to be surfacing:

From McCain's website:

..."Surgeons successfully removed the 5-cm blood clot during a minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision....“The Senator is resting comfortably at home and is in good condition. His Mayo Clinic doctors report that the surgery went ‘very well’ and he is in good spirits. ....

From AOL:  (they are reporting from his eye -- not above the eye or eyebrow

....The New York Times on Sunday, two days after the Arizona senator underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from his left eye......

.....neurosurgeons interviewed by The Times, the type of blood clot McCain had is usually discovered when the patient has symptoms, and not as the result of a routine physical as McCain's office claimed.....

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/17/john-mccains-recovery-could-take-longer-than-we-think/23033591/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »
Is there a conservative in his seat now?
what do you think?  Or do you not want a newer model upgrade?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »
5 centimeters? That's a pretty huge clot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 05:03:44 pm »
5 centimeters? That's a pretty huge clot.

To put things into perspective:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 08:41:06 pm »

McCain has to either resign or croak to be removed from office before his term expires.  I'm sure there's some archaic Senate rule, as there is in the House, where the Members can control their Membership, but I don't think it's been used in either House,  So, as a practical matter, he's there as long as he wants to be, and he has repeatedly chosen to keep that sinecure for life.  The Ted Kennedy of the GOP.

If he were to resign or croak, then AZ's current Governor, Doug Ducey would be the one to make the decision.  I don't know about whether one could call him "conservative," but he was a huge Trump supporter in '16.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »
Something I'm sure is completely unrelated:  I had an "Unknown" caller on my caller ID last night from "Cornville, AZ."  I rather doubted it was somebody at McCain's house giving me a call to see if I'm available...lol.  Population of Cornville is about 3,300.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »
To put things into perspective:

Well that explains the problem.  The need to change his battery.  Who knew.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:41 pm »
McCain has to either resign or croak to be removed from office before his term expires.  I'm sure there's some archaic Senate rule, as there is in the House, where the Members can control their Membership, but I don't think it's been used in either House,  So, as a practical matter, he's there as long as he wants to be, and he has repeatedly chosen to keep that sinecure for life.  The Ted Kennedy of the GOP.

If he were to resign or croak, then AZ's current Governor, Doug Ducey would be the one to make the decision.  I don't know about whether one could call him "conservative," but he was a huge Trump supporter in '16.

I'm afraid McCain isn't going to give up his seat till he doesn't show up for a few days and someone notices the bad smell coming from his office.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 09:03:18 pm »
Well that explains the problem.  The need to change his battery.  Who knew.

I did.  I always suspected it was a AA size, so this just confirms it.  A AA battery in a C-Cell world.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
Hope McCain gets better.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »
Hope McCain gets better.

I know you will have trouble processing this, but I hope so too.  Then I hope he leaves gracefully, which he will not.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 11:20:37 pm »
Hope McCain gets better.

There is something wrong with you.  I can't put my finger on it...But you went sour about a year ago.

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:21 pm »
It appears that someone is anxious to get rid of him:

RNC condemns member who called for McCain to 'just die already' on social media

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/17/rnc-condemns-member-who-called-for-mccain-to-just-die-already-on-social-media.html

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 11:44:16 pm »

There is something wrong with you.  I can't put my finger on it...But you went sour about a year ago.

Why cause I hope McCain gets better there is something wrong with me???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 11:47:00 pm »

Oh it goes much deeper than that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:03 pm »

I'm fine with McCain getting better.  Deliriously so.  I just want his his effing senile ass away from the levers of power.  Is that so difficult to understand?  You seem to think he's some Lion of the Senate, and there we have a difference  of opinion.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:57:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.