Author Topic: Federalism in the Trump era: Conservatives should commit to decentralization  (Read 326 times)

Online corbe

• For your viewing pleasure
No government in the 6,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online INVAR

• Sword At The Ready
Conservatives should commit to decentralization...

That will have to happen outside of and apart from the Republican Party.  The Republican party wants Statism as readily as the Democrats do.

It is why the Republican party is working so hard to make ObamaCare their own and tweak it so that the pain is less acute before they help bring Single Payer online.

Online Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Can't get people to commit to decentralization at the same time they demand fealty to Trump.

People elect individual congressmen to represent a limited number of people in their districts (which is federalism at work) only to have them threatened with destruction if they oppose Trump in any way.

Nothing should make a man happier than knowing his government couldn't care less about him.
I'd rather lose defending the constitution than win at its expense.
Hitlers are born and die every day without notice. Its the morons who put them in power that are dangerous.
You don't escape guilt by declaring that you have no choice.
Lese-majeste is my middle name

Online INVAR

• Sword At The Ready
Can't get people to commit to decentralization at the same time they demand fealty to Trump.

People elect individual congressmen to represent a limited number of people in their districts (which is federalism at work) only to have them threatened with destruction if they oppose Trump in any way.

Nearly the whole people in this country look at the federal Beast as a god.  Until you change the minds of the people so that they are willing to risk liberty and desire self-sufficiency with total responsibility for themselves and community  - then decentralization as a concept is an impossibility, much less be able to achieve it.

Online Sanguine

• Native Texan
Nearly the whole people in this country look at the federal Beast as a god.  Until you change the minds of the people so that they are willing to risk liberty and desire self-sufficiency with total responsibility for themselves and community  - then decentralization as a concept is an impossibility, much less be able to achieve it.

What Invar said.  I was going to point out that Trump is merely a symptom of the problem. 
There are no safe spaces in real life.   - LMAO

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf