Author Topic: How They airbrushed out the Inconvenient Pause  (Read 764 times)

rangerrebew

How They airbrushed out the Inconvenient Pause
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »
How They airbrushed out the Inconvenient Pause
Guest Blogger / 1 week ago July 7, 2017   

By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

In November 2015, just before the faithful gathered around their capering, gibbering witch-doctors and shamans in Paris for the New Superstition’s annual festival of thanks and praise, hugs and back-slapping, the Inconvenient Pause lengthened to 18 years 9 months. One-third of Man’s entire influence on climate since the Industrial Revolution had occurred since February 1997, yet on the then RSS dataset the 225 months since that month had shown no global warming at all (Fig. 1).

Figure 1. The least-squares linear-regression trend on the RSS version 3.3 satellite monthly global mean surface temperature anomaly dataset showed no global warming for 18 years 9 months since February 1997, though one-third of all anthropogenic forcings had occurred during the period of the Pause.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/07/07/how-they-airbrushed-out-the-inconvenient-pause/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:00:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

Re: How They airbrushed out the Inconvenient Pause
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:08 pm »
So, not anything arguing against the orbital decay, just a lot of words saying that it changes the dataset away from what Watt wants.

I do look forward to his paper, though.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:50:32 am »
WaPo - Bezo's political agitprop outlet.

Also reported by Agence France-Presse, BBC, InsideClimate News, Associated Press, Ars Technica, The Guardian, Scientific American, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:44:31 pm »
Also reported by Agence France-Presse, BBC, InsideClimate News, Associated Press, Ars Technica, The Guardian, Scientific American, etc.

I hate to tell you, but ALL those organizations are leftist converged and will repeat the "narrative" as required. Whether you like it or not, the warmistas are guilty of airbrushing out inconvenient facts like the medieval and Roman warm periods and resort to name calling when confronted with this. I've seen one sputter in rage when confronted with the fact that all the observed warming is well within the margin of measurement error of the best temperature instrumentation available. In fact, that measurement uncertainty is even greater when you start factoring in that a large portion of the temperature measurements used to calculate the "global average temperature" are old, poorly sited (and calibrated) thermocouples, that when they were brand new had an uncertainty of +/- 1 deg F.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 03:39:57 pm »
I hate to tell you, but ALL those organizations are leftist converged and will repeat the "narrative" as required. Whether you like it or not, the warmistas are guilty of airbrushing out inconvenient facts like the medieval and Roman warm periods and resort to name calling when confronted with this. I've seen one sputter in rage when confronted with the fact that all the observed warming is well within the margin of measurement error of the best temperature instrumentation available. In fact, that measurement uncertainty is even greater when you start factoring in that a large portion of the temperature measurements used to calculate the "global average temperature" are old, poorly sited (and calibrated) thermocouples, that when they were brand new had an uncertainty of +/- 1 deg F.

:word:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »
One of the greatest hoaxes in human history.
And it ain't over yet...