Author Topic: Get Ready for Multiple Avatar Sequels Slamming ‘Greedy, Callous’ Corporations  (Read 518 times)

rangerrebew

Get Ready for Multiple Avatar Sequels Slamming ‘Greedy, Callous’ Corporations
By Scott Whitlock | July 15, 2017 1:00 PM EDT

In case the lecturing, hyperbolic Avatar wasn’t left-wing enough, get ready for four sequels from director James Cameron. According to star Sigourney Weaver, the new films will continue to expose the “greed” and “callousness” of evil corporations.

If you’ve forgotten, the 2009 film featured capitalistic humans raping the planet of “Pandora” in order to take the natural resources from giant blue creatures. Talking to Entertainment Weekly on Friday about the planned sequels, she said: “These films are very much about the peril of this beautiful planet, and [Cameron] is continuing the same themes of greed and callousness of the corporations and plight of the indigenous people.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2017/07/15/get-ready-four-avatar-sequels-slamming-greedy-callous
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:47:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The first sequel may do well if the newer 3D technology Cameron is using piques enough curiosity out of the movie going public.

The other three will do much, much less in cascading dwindling box office here in the states.

The Hollywierd Left will love them and push them as an indictment on the whole of America's existence, but the moviegoing public here will not be too enthusiastic.

However, we have reached a place where the bulk of a film's profits are now to be found overseas in places like China.  The latest Transformers sequel crashed and burned here, but China and overseas markets saved it enough to push the studio to green light yet ANOTHER sequel.

So while the American public is tired of preachy sci-fi Capitalism bash-fests, the rest of the world loves them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sequelitis continues.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If I want to pay to get preached to, I go to church I don't get it from what is supposed to be entertainment. I never watched the original so I won't miss anything avoiding the sequel. **nononono*