Author Topic: Yes, Obamacare has ‘stabilized’ … like a dead body is stable  (Read 286 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, Obamacare has ‘stabilized’ … like a dead body is stable

Posted July 11, 2017 08:39 AM by Daniel Horowitz

Don’t pay attention to the tripling of premiums, doubling of deductibles, and narrowing provider networks covered by your quasi-government-run insurance. A new “study” from Kaiser Family Foundation, promoted prominently in the media, finds that the insurance markets have “stabilized.” Evidently, we need to conduct a study to ascertain a status that is apparent to any consumer not dependent upon the government, and ironically, that study has contradicted incontrovertible reality.

However, in one sense, the Kaiser study has stumbled upon the truth. The insurance market has indeed stabilized … the same way a dead body is “stable” and no longer in critical condition, the same way someone in a free fall has stabilized at the bottom of the trajectory. There is no longer any private sector left in the insurance market. The few remaining insurers have stayed in the market through a guaranteed flow of government subsidies — a regulation-controlled monopoly that has driven out competitors lacking economies of scale and tripled premiums, with endless rate hikes in sight.
But the study hails the fact that … the few remaining insurers are now making a profit! Problem solved, mission accomplished.

The Hill crows:

The study from the Kaiser Family Foundation contrasts with Republican arguments that ObamaCare markets are in a “death spiral” and “collapsing.”
“Early results from 2017 suggest the individual market is stabilizing and insurers in this market are regaining profitability,” the study finds. “Insurer financial results show no sign of a market collapse.”

This is really very simple. When, thanks to insolvent government regulations but endless government subsidies, only a handful of insurers are left with a monopoly on the market, they will find a way to make a profit. But that profit has not been earned by competing in an open market for the organic consumer demand. It has been attained by gaming the system through lobbyists and outlasting opponents in the narrow game of government regulations and subsidies. Consumers are left holding the bag...

Much more at link: https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/yes-obamacare-has-stabilized-like-a-dead-body-is-stable
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Yes, Obamacare has ‘stabilized’ … like a dead body is stable
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:00:11 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien