Author Topic: Bungled Collusion is Still Collusion  (Read 770 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Bungled Collusion is Still Collusion
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:13:43 am »
Donald Trump Jr.’s e-mails discredit the ‘nothingburger’ argument the president’s supporters have been advancing for months.
By Charles Krauthammer
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449481/donald-trump-jr-emails-demonstrate-immoral-collusion

The Russia scandal has entered a new phase and there’s no going back.

For six months, the White House claimed that this scandal was nothing more than innuendo about Trump-campaign
collusion with Russia in meddling in the 2016 election. Innuendo for which no concrete evidence had been produced.

Yes, there were several meetings with Russian officials, some only belatedly disclosed. But that is circumstantial evidence
at best. Meetings tell you nothing unless you know what happened in them. We didn’t. Some of these were casual
encounters in large groups, like the famous July 2016 Kislyak–Sessions exchange of pleasantries at the Republican
National Convention. Big deal.

I was puzzled. Lots of cover-up, but where was the crime? Not even a third-rate burglary. For six months, smoke without
fire. Yes, President Trump himself was acting very defensively, as if he were hiding something. But no one ever produced
the something.

My view was: Collusion? I just don’t see it. But I’m open to empirical evidence. Show me.

The evidence is now shown. This is not hearsay, not fake news, not unsourced leaks. This is an e-mail chain released by
Donald Trump Jr. himself. A British go-between writes that there’s a Russian government effort to help Trump Sr. win the
election, and as part of that effort he proposes a meeting with a “Russian government attorney” possessing damaging
information on Hillary Clinton. Moreover, the Kremlin is willing to share troves of incriminating documents from the Crown
Prosecutor. (Error: Britain has a Crown Prosecutor. Russia has a State Prosecutor.)

Donald Jr. e-mails back. “I love it.” Fatal words.

Once you’ve said “I’m in,” it makes no difference that the meeting was a bust, that the intermediary brought no such goods.
What matters is what Donald Jr. thought going into the meeting, as well as Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul
Manafort, who were copied on the correspondence, invited to the meeting, and attended . . .

. . . There is no statute against helping a foreign hostile power meddle in an American election. What Donald Jr. — and
Kushner and Manafort — did may not be criminal. But it is not merely stupid. It is also deeply wrong, a fundamental violation
of any code of civic honor.

I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion. But you don’t need a lawyer to see that the
Trump defense — collusion as a desperate Democratic fiction designed to explain away a lost election — is now officially
dead.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Oceander

Re: Bungled Collusion is Still Collusion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:32 am »
Waiting for the national-review haters to show up ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 03:40:02 am »
Waiting for the national-review haters to show up ....

Here I am King #NT.

Collusion

An agreement between two or more people to defraud a person of his or her rights or to obtain something that is prohibited by law.

Carter and Mondale voting Chuck still doesn't show any illegal activities. It just feels unseemly to his delicate sensibilities. That is why this Leftist clown is banging out his pearl clutching in the magazine that openly said that Hitlary was the "Conservative" running in the '16 election....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438465/temperamentally-clinton-may-be-conservative-race

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 03:43:50 am »
Finally a help for my insomnia tonight.  I was afraid I would have nothing to read except my blocked FB user list  to help me sleep

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:15 am »
Here I am King #NT.

Collusion

An agreement between two or more people to defraud a person of his or her rights or to obtain something that is prohibited by law.

Carter and Mondale voting Chuck still doesn't show any illegal activities. It just feels unseemly to his delicate sensibilities. That is why this Leftist clown is banging out his pearl clutching in the magazine that openly said that Hitlary was the "Conservative" running in the '16 election....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438465/temperamentally-clinton-may-be-conservative-race

Funny thing about nastiness:  the nastier you get, the more obvious it is that you don't believe the crap you post and you're scared sh*tless that your Orange god might actually go down.

Right now, you're going through at least a set of clean panties a minute.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 06:50:10 am »
I'm confused, but that's the whole point I suppose.

As The Smear Turns just hasn't become interesting enough for me to pay much attention to yet.  From what little I understand Junior took a short courtesy meeting with a Ruskie who's presence in this country can be described as dubious at best.

Hell, just make up some fake story and blame it all on Sidney Blumenthal or John Podesta.  We live in a virtual reality where nothing is real anyway, might as well toss another log onto the fire.  Accuse them of peddling Yellow Cake two weeks after the "story" breaks (the public loves Yellow Cake stories), then toss in some spicy sex suggestions two weeks after that.  It's just a matter of pulling out the standard template and filling in the blanks.