Author Topic: STATEMENT OF JARED C. KUSHNER TO CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEES  (Read 610 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

STATEMENT OF JARED C. KUSHNER TO CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEES
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:47:38 pm »
Jul 24, 2017, Jared Kushner

July 24, 2017

I am voluntarily providing this statement, submitting documents, and sitting for interviews in order to shed light on issues that have been raised about my role in the Trump for President Campaign and during the transition period.

I am not a person who has sought the spotlight. First in my business and now in public service, I have worked on achieving goals, and have left it to others to work on media and public perception. Because there has been a great deal of conjecture, speculation, and inaccurate information about me, I am grateful for the opportunity to set the record straight.

My Role in the Trump for President Campaign

Before joining the administration, I worked in the private sector, building and managing companies. My experience was in business, not politics, and it was not my initial intent to play a large role in my father-in-law's campaign when he decided to run for President. However, as the campaign progressed, I was called on to assist with various tasks and aspects of the campaign, and took on more and more responsibility.

Over the course of the primaries and general election campaign, my role continued to evolve. I ultimately worked with the finance, scheduling, communications, speechwriting,polling, data and digital teams, as well as becoming a point of contact for foreign government officials.

All of these were tasks that I had never performed on a campaign previously. When I was faced with a new challenge, I would reach out to contacts, ask advice, find the right person to manage the specific challenge, and work with that person to develop and execute a plan of action. I was lucky to work with some incredibly talented people along the way, all of whom
made significant contributions toward the campaign’s ultimate success. Our nimble culture  allowed us to adjust to the ever-changing circumstances and make changes on the fly as the situation warranted. I share this information because these actions should be viewed through the lens of a fast-paced campaign with thousands of meetings and interactions, some of which were
impactful and memorable and many of which were not.

More:  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3899516/Jared-Kushner-Preprared-Remarks.pdf

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: STATEMENT OF JARED C. KUSHNER TO CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEES
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »
I Did Not Collude,’ Kushner Says in Prepared Remarks to Senators
NY Times, Jul 24, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, said on Monday that he had been unaware that a June 2016 meeting he attended at Trump Tower was set up in the hope that a Russian lawyer would provide the Trump campaign with damaging information about Hillary Clinton.

In prepared remarks to congressional investigators released by Mr. Kushner’s representatives, Mr. Kushner said he arrived at the meeting late and had been so uninterested in the discussion that he emailed his assistant to ask for her help escaping.

Mr. Kushner, who is to give his statement to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Monday, said he went to the meeting at the request of the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr. Mr. Kushner said he did not read an email forwarded by the younger Mr. Trump saying that the Russian government was providing dirt about Mrs. Clinton as part of its effort to help the Trump campaign.

In his prepared remarks, Mr. Kushner gave his first public explanation of his contacts with Russian government officials and other Kremlin-connected people over the past year. He acknowledged that after the November election, he sought a direct line of communication to the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin. He characterized that action as a routine part of his job in establishing foreign contacts for Mr. Trump’s transition team.

In the remarks, Mr. Kushner flatly denied any collusion: “I had no improper contacts. I did not collude, nor know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government.”

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/us/politics/jared-kushner-russia-senate.html

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 03:14:11 pm »
Self-serving statements are not always the best source for objective facts. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:06 pm »
No mention of the fact that his newspaper, The Observer, endorsed DeBlasio for Mayor of New York.