Author Topic: Trump v. everyone  (Read 2479 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump v. everyone
« on: July 12, 2017, 04:26:51 pm »
    Mike Allen Jonathan Swan 5 hrs ago

Trump v. everyone

President Trump increasingly feels (and knows) that he's fighting virtually every force in U.S. and global politics — even those who initially wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt or seem friendly.

The only people truly on his side are the 40 percent of voters who continue to cheer his middle finger to the powerful.

All those forces — basically permanent Washington, plus crucial world leaders — are deeply suspicious of Trump, and see an increasing duty to thwart him for moral or practical reasons.

"What goes around, comes around," said one of Washington's Republican pillars. "He was very critical of each of those groups. So why are they going to go to the man for him? He has done so many things outside the norms of behavior."

more
https://www.axios.com/trump-v-everyone-2457859131.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump v. everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:46:12 pm »
Trump fundamentally assisted in creating the atmosphere he finds himself in.

I have no sympathy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 04:48:57 pm »
        The only people truly on his side are the 40 percent of voters who continue to cheer his middle finger to the powerful.

And Macron.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »

I have no sympathy.

Who the hell's asking for it?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »

I really want to know what the point is.   What is all this complaining and insulting going to accomplish?     Trump isn't listening and its only alienating everyone else.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:02:45 pm »

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 05:02:47 pm »
I really want to know what the point is.   What is all this complaining and insulting going to accomplish?     Trump isn't listening and its only alienating everyone else.

Your post is unclear ... please clarify your point @driftdiver

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 05:06:41 pm »
Who the hell's asking for it? 

I'm sorry.  I wasn't aware I had to be asked before rendering an opinion or comment about Trump.

But you would like that, wouldn't you?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 05:08:55 pm »
Your post is unclear ... please clarify your point @driftdiver

What is the point of all this complaining about Trump.   I don't recall most of these people being this opposed to Obama but perhaps I missed it.   But now every single little thing is made into a major issue.  There is no discussion about whats going right, no grudging acknowledgment that he nominated a damn fine man to the Supreme Court.   They only focus is on anything that will weaken Trump.   There isn't even any discussion on convincing Trump to change his position, something he is very apparently open too.

Nope, its just bitch, moan, insults and then claim aggrieved status when challenged on it.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »
I'm sorry.  I wasn't aware I had to be asked before rendering an opinion or comment about Trump.

No apology is necessary @INVAR   But no one is asking for your sympathy.

This is what draining the swamp looks like.  If you're being asked for anything it is to choose a side:  keep the swamp or drain it.

And, that isn't really a question, either.  I think we both know which you'll choose--and why.   :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:55 pm »
I really want to know what the point is.   

Maybe actually read Swan's commentary?

What is all this complaining and insulting going to accomplish?

As far as most of us on this board go - it's called analysis.

As far as AlwaysTrump goes - the complaining and insulting is an attempt to shame us into silence or any negative comments about Trump's leadership.   

Trump isn't listening and its only alienating everyone else.

That's okay.  The Republicans in Congress are not listening either.  They have that in common together.

The alienation from us hoi palloi little people is just par-for-the-course for the rulers at Mordor on the Potomac.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

This is what draining the swamp looks like.  If you're being asked for anything it is to choose a side:  keep the swamp or drain it.

And, that isn't really a question, either.  I think we both know which you'll choose--and why.   :shrug:

People are afraid of change.  Especially when it could potentially impact their paycheck.     The swamp is full of people who have made a career of milking the govt for their paycheck.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 05:19:50 pm »

She is mocking you because someone who hated Trump, hates Trump and will always hate Trump is pretending to take some high road.

Fact is that your just pissed that no one is flocking to your #NT side over any of this phony baloney bullshit.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 05:21:57 pm »

I don't care if it isn't asked for, I'm moved to publicly note that Trump v 'everyone' is a well-earned situation he, himself created.   He gets no pass, no sympathy, no handicap, no assuagement or excuse from me.

I do not require being 'asked' by the likes of you before commenting on anything on this board.

I know you would love to have that kind of power - to create your ultimate Pro-Trump Safe Space - but you don't.

This is what draining the swamp looks like. 

BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAA!

Oh... REALLLY!  Is that what you call it???????

That's a good one.  Thanks for the laugh.

If you're being asked for anything it is to choose a side: 

I'm not on YOUR side. 

Clear it up any for you?

You people have made yourselves as equal tyrant wannabes as the Left has.

And just as dismissive and ridiculing of foundational principles as a rabid Democrat is.

And, that isn't really a question, either.  I think we both know which you'll choose--and why.   

Please do explain WHY so I can become aware of my own motivations. 

Enlighten me, and let's see how bass ackwards your suppositions and assessments are.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »

I have no sympathy.

We know.  And guess what?   Nobody gives a sh*t.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 05:24:49 pm »
What is the point of all this complaining about Trump.   I don't recall most of these people being this opposed to Obama but perhaps I missed it.   But now every single little thing is made into a major issue.  There is no discussion about whats going right, no grudging acknowledgment that he nominated a damn fine man to the Supreme Court.   They only focus is on anything that will weaken Trump.   There isn't even any discussion on convincing Trump to change his position, something he is very apparently open too.

Nope, its just bitch, moan, insults and then claim aggrieved status when challenged on it.

....with unwavering Admin support.   *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:27:10 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »
We know.  And guess what?   Nobody gives a sh*t.

What I care about is pulling this country back from the brink.    How do we do that?  sitting and bitching non-stop won't accomplish it.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 05:26:57 pm »

Drain the swamp?  He is negotiating and trying to make a deal with it.  And the republicans are helping.  Ill give him it looks like he made a good SCOTUS pick.  Beyond that health care, tax cuts and the wall are dead in the water and our ADD president looks to have lost interest. I have not seem him trying to hold his party's feet to the fire on it.
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »

ok please don't provoke me into bringing the demon possession back up,  I already got yelled at for it once.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »
ok please don't provoke me into bringing the demon possession back up,  I already got yelled at for it once.

:laugh:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 05:28:20 pm »
Drain the swamp?  He is negotiating and trying to make a deal with it.  And the republicans are helping.  Ill give him it looks like he made a good SCOTUS pick.  Beyond that health care, tax cuts and the wall are dead in the water and our ADD president looks to have lost interest. I have not seem him trying to hold his party's feet to the fire on it.

So how about spending the energy of bitching about Trump to calling or writing letters to Congress.  Ya know the people actually writing the dang bills

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »
So how about spending the energy of bitching about Trump to calling or writing letters to Congress.  Ya know the people actually writing the dang bills

I have gone to town halls and participated in the process.  We are talking about Trump here. I am not a supporter or a NT, I was willing to give him a chance and see what happened.  So far I'm not impressed.  Sorry if that upsets you.
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 05:31:26 pm »

Trump asks for sympathy for himself every time he tweets another idiotic whine about why is he being invested but not Hillary, or whines about how he is the most picked on ever.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:33 pm »
People are afraid of change.  Especially when it could potentially impact their paycheck.     The swamp is full of people who have made a career of milking the govt for their paycheck.

Trump does not possess enough power to "drain the swamp" himself.  But he is giving it a good effort.

Example: So called "principled conservatives" have complained for decades, that FedGov should be reduced in size, cost, power.

But appointments stall under Trump, due partly to democrat stalling, and SAME said conservatives call Trump incompetent for not getting enough bureaucrats in place.

Proof they do NOT really want smaller government. They only want to retain their power, and get their money.

Phoney conservatives. Got "Repeal?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »

Yeah right!.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34