Author Topic: Renewable Energy is a Dead End  (Read 751 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Renewable Energy is a Dead End
« on: July 12, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »
Renewable energy is the way of the future, we are told.  It is inevitable.  Some renewable energy advocates boldly claim that the world could be powered by renewable energy as early as 2030 – with enough government subsidies, that is.  And of course, the mainstream media play their part, hyping up the virtues of solar and wind energy as the solution to climate change.

In one regard, they are quite right: in terms of generational capacity, wind and solar have grown by leaps and bounds in the last three decades (wind by 24.3% per year since 1990, solar by 46.2% per year since 1990).  However, there are two questions worth asking: (i) are renewable energies making a difference, and (ii) are they sustainable?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/wind_and_solar_energy_are_dead_ends.html#ixzz4mcy80xX4

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Re: Renewable Energy is a Dead End
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:31:19 pm »
It is nearly all renewable energy, solar powered.

But the time scale of oil/gas/coal is a bit long for most to consider.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:31:37 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:33:55 pm »
Hydro is pretty good if not portable.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:50:55 am »

Yup.  We're burning through a million years of energy accumulation in each single year.  Not exactly "sustainable".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 01:02:33 am »

Yup.  We're burning through a million years of energy accumulation in each single year.  Not exactly "sustainable".

Maybe not in the long term, but if the planet really is several billion years old we should be able to get by for another few thousand years.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:20:01 am »

"Renewable Energy is a Dead End"

Sure is.  Ask the 400,000 birds killed annually by these monstrosities.

The envirowhackos who push this garbage can GTH
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:25:51 am »

You and I both know that is a ridiculous argument.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington