Author Topic: What Gun Regulations Should be “Repealed or Replaced”? The ATF Wants to Know.  (Read 2321 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Trace by Ann Givens 7/10/2017

Posed in closed-door meetings, the agency's inquiry follows a Trump administration directive to slash government rules.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is polling outside interest groups about what gun regulations to eliminate following an edict from the Trump administration to cut government red tape.

In three closed-door meetings held in May and June, top ATF officials separately asked firearms-industry leaders, law enforcement officials, and representatives from gun-violence prevention groups what current regulations could be eliminated without risking public safety, according to attendees who went to one or more of the meetings.

An agenda for a May 22 meeting with gun-industry leaders, obtained by The Trace, asked attendees to consider three questions: what impact current regulations have on gun-violence prevention; what regulations need to be “repealed, replaced, or modified,” and what regulations are outdated.

More: https://www.thetrace.org/2017/07/atf-gun-regulations-repealed-replaced-trump/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Remove restrictions on short barreled rifles and shotguns, and shoulder stocks on pistols. Remove restrictions on the importation of firearms. Allow fore grips on pistols. Remove all restrictions on suppressors.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remove restrictions on short barreled rifles and shotguns, and shoulder stocks on pistols. Remove restrictions on the importation of firearms. Allow fore grips on pistols. Remove all restrictions on suppressors.
Repeal the provisions of the GCA of '68, the NFA of '34, and Daddy Bush's ban on civilians owning/purchasing newly manufactured select fire (full auto capable) arms (which has made the price of existing ones nuts). For starters.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:34:29 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

A great list for starters.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How about getting rid of the requirement that on line gun purchases be shipped to an FFL holder?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How about getting rid of the requirement that on line gun purchases be shipped to an FFL holder?

That's a good one too.

Not sure if ATF would be the ones to implement it...but I'd like to see the availability of some kind of firearms safety/basic marksmanship classes return to public schools.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
1.  Disband the ATF
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Would be at the top of my list. Great choice.

I would also like to see the absurd laws on suppressors.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How about the ban on sale of recently manufactured automatic weapons?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline rodamala

The current congress does not understand these "Repeal" or "Replace" concepts.

Offline Mom MD

The Trace by Ann Givens 7/10/2017

Posed in closed-door meetings, the agency's inquiry follows a Trump administration directive to slash government rules.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is polling outside interest groups about what gun regulations to eliminate following an edict from the Trump administration to cut government red tape.

In three closed-door meetings held in May and June, top ATF officials separately asked firearms-industry leaders, law enforcement officials, and representatives from gun-violence prevention groups what current regulations could be eliminated without risking public safety, according to attendees who went to one or more of the meetings.

An agenda for a May 22 meeting with gun-industry leaders, obtained by The Trace, asked attendees to consider three questions: what impact current regulations have on gun-violence prevention; what regulations need to be “repealed, replaced, or modified,” and what regulations are outdated.

More: https://www.thetrace.org/2017/07/atf-gun-regulations-repealed-replaced-trump/

All of them. The second amendment says "shall not be infringed"  I don't know why that is so hard to understand.
God is still in control

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All of them. The second amendment says "shall not be infringed"  I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien