Author Topic: Trust Nothing, Defend Nothing  (Read 305 times)

Silver Pines

Trust Nothing, Defend Nothing
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »
Trust Nothing, Defend Nothing

By Jonah Goldberg
July 11, 2017

I don’t write or even tweet about the Russia investigation much. I think the most I’ve written is that I think it probably won’t pan out and if it does, it’ll be Paul Manafort or Roger Stone or some other expendable type who’ll end up getting to know the underside of a bus. And that’s about it.

I get asked why I don’t write about it more all the time.

One reason is I’m not a legal beagle like our own inestimable Andy McCarthy. I don’t write about how criminal investigations work, nor am I particularly well-versed on the finer details of special-counsel laws.

Another reason is I’ve found the whole feeding frenzy unappealing. The Democrats are clearly in full partisan mode, framing every inconvenient, benign, or even potentially exculpatory detail as a smoking gun. The whole “hacked the election” formulation, used both by the Democrats and by allegedly objective reporters, is a misleading bit of hyperbole. Is “meddled with” or “interfered in” too big a concession to reality?

Read more at:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/449366/donald-trump-jr-russia-why-not-just-wait-and-see

Silver Pines

Re: Trust Nothing, Defend Nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
US-Russia Cyber Fox Force Five

That's a great reference, lol.