Author Topic: UPDATE: CRUZ AMENDMENT SABOTAGE? Asst. Senate Majority Leader says new health care vote coming SOON  (Read 649 times)

Online corbe

UPDATE: CRUZ AMENDMENT SABOTAGE? Asst. Senate Majority Leader says new health care vote coming SOON

The Right Scoop    Jul. 10, 2017 2:41 pm by The Right Scoop

<..snip..>

UPDATE:

The bill they release this week may not include the Cruz amendment, according to The Hill:

Senate Republicans sent two proposals to the CBO late last month, one including an amendment from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and one without.

But the amendment has drawn pushback from aides and other GOP senators, who warn that the proposal won’t be able to get enough support to pass.

Cornyn added on Monday that Republicans want to get “some basic information” from the CBO on the proposal.

“Everybody’s concerns need to be taken into account,” he said. “The goal is, though, once you secure support from one person, you don’t want to lose it from another. So you can see the challenge.”

I honestly don’t know how this bill will get through the Senate without the Cruz amendment. And if they hate the Cruz amendment too, then how does any heath care bill get passed?

UPDATE 2:

Politico reports that the Cruz amendment wasn’t even fully transmitted to the CBO, therefore it will be unable to render an analysis on the amendment:

Though Republicans are aiming to have a new CBO report of their latest proposal by early next week, it may not include an analysis of an amendment penned by GOP Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Ted Cruz of Texas that would allow the sale of cheap insurance plans outside Obamacare’s regulatory structure.

Several Republicans said the so-called Consumer Freedom Act was not fully transmitted to CBO before the July Fourth recess, which could result in the incomplete analysis.

A conservative aide familiar with the negotiations said GOP leaders had only sent a summary of the legislation “for reasons unknown to us,” leaving supporters to answer other questions for CBO late last week. Allies of leadership, however, argued the conservatives had been unresponsive.

Wow this sounds kinda like sabotage to me if true.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/assistant-senate-majority-leader-says-new-health-care-vote-coming-soon/#ixzz4mTT0OQ7y
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure sounds like sabotage to me, too.  If the CBO hasn't rendered data on this option, they don't have all the cards on the table. Fix it first and get the information. Nothing good has ever come out of Congress in haste.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

Another indication there was never gonna be ANY appeal of the ACA, Mitch with Schumer's help will prop up the exchanges in the fall and President Trump will call it a 'Beautiful Picture' and check off another 'ON DAY ONE' campaign promise. All this winning is finding me woefully unprepared.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
   Another indication there was never gonna be ANY appeal of the ACA, Mitch with Schumer's help will prop up the exchanges in the fall and President Trump will call it a 'Beautiful Picture' and check off another 'ON DAY ONE' campaign promise. All this winning is finding me woefully unprepared.

Now, that's just because you didn't buy into the cheerleader threads. :shrug: :nometalk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis