Author Topic: What is a "Gender Reveal Party"  (Read 1730 times)

Wingnut

What is a "Gender Reveal Party"
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:32:47 am »
  Is this a new thing for gang bangers who wanted a baby shower?

911 call captures chaos after shooting after gender reveal party.

CINCINNATI — The family had gathered Saturday to celebrate an upcoming life.

But by Sunday morning, they were beginning to think about planning a funeral and mourning the loss of a fetus.

A 21-year-old mother-to-be invited friends and relatives to her home in Colerain Township in the 9900 block of Capstan Drive to reveal that she was pregnant and would give birth to a baby boy.

The party had ended, but more than a dozen stayed behind. The group had just turned out the lights to watch one of the “Spider-Man” films when two men in hoodies came in the front door. They sprayed the living room with gunfire, said a family member who was at the party and asked not to be identified because she feared for her safety.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/09/nine-shot-party/462650001/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: What is a "Gender Reveal Party"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:39:06 am »
Figured it was a bunch of trannies walking around in trench coats flashing their new junk at everbody.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:43:08 am »
Figured it was a bunch of trannies walking around in trench coats flashing their new junk at everbody.

:pondering:

Well that is something different!  lol

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 03:50:34 am »
:pondering:

Well that is something different!  lol

It just sounded like something the LGBTQSNAFUBAR would come up with.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:51:31 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:07 am »
It just sounded like something the LGBTQSNAFUBAR

Well the FUBAR always works...in the end!  :)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:01:16 am »
Denney said police found a gun outside the home but it was not used in the shooting.

Guns just littering the neighborhood? What the hell type of place is this?

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 04:32:47 am »
Denney said police found a gun outside the home but it was not used in the shooting.

Guns just littering the neighborhood? What the hell type of place is this?

I tell ya.  Go figure>

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:10 am »
I don't know, but back when I was a youngun if ya asked me that I would have figured it involved drinkin and poker!

And personally I think I'll keep figurin that way, otherwise it makes me nauseous.
:3:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 01:36:16 pm »
Ok, assuming it is a real question, a gender reveal party is where the pregnant woman and her significant other find out whether they are having a boy or a girl, surrounded by their family and friends. Most of the time, they cut into a cake which has been colored either pink or blue, but there are some other fun ways to go about the announcement.  For instance, here is Freddie and Chelsea Freeman's gender reveal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV7hTKxX1c

I think it's kind of a fun, cute thing.

This article was a little confusing, though:
A 21-year-old mother-to-be invited friends and relatives to her home in Colerain Township in the 9900 block of Capstan Drive to reveal that she was pregnant and would give birth to a baby boy.
They didn't even know she was pregnant, but she was far enough along to find out whether it was a boy or a girl?? 

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 01:39:31 pm »
 What is a "Gender Reveal Party"

In public its possible beating and quick trip to jail.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 01:05:15 am »
It is a baby shower for a couple; the obstetrician reveals the sex of the baby to a close friend and the close friend hosts a baby shower.  Typically, the couple opens up a wrapped box with a blown balloon inside; if the balloon is pink of course it's a girl, and blue a boy.  Everyone then celebrates. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 01:24:26 am »
It is a baby shower for a couple; the obstetrician reveals the sex of the baby to a close friend and the close friend hosts a baby shower. 

Not exactly the way I would describe it. 

To me, the Entitlement Generation have figured out a new way to have more than just one shindig whereby the parent(s) get to be provided gifts and money and other assorted stuff for simply telling everyone what sex the ultrasound revealed. That is then apparently followed by additional baby showers before the birth:  the obligatory shower of the mother's parents, followed by another shower from the father's side and then another shower from co-workers and friends.  Registries are a staple and gifts bought from their registry of items they want are 'good form' when attending any of these events.

I had thought it was just the group my own kids hung around with that came up with this stuff and learned my mistake in assuming firsthand from in-laws irritated that I was not exactly jumping for joy over the prospect of attending several baby showers and parties for my niece  (of which I also just learned are now co-ed cotillions rather than just a ladies event, thus my attendance demanded).

The differential of 'Gender reveal' versus showers seems to be newborn diaper "cakes" and newborn baby items provided in creative displays for the mom than the other bigger stuff like cribs, clothing, walkers, strollers, bassinets and stuff that are to be provided at one of the following 'showers'.

In an age of Facebook where you entire life is posted for everyone else to see "look at me" - one would think posting an ultrasound pic there to hussahs over the revelation of boy or girl would be enough and plenty. 

Nope.

You don't get free stuff for that apparently.

At least that is what I got out of this newfangled 'event' that I have been forced to attend now for two separate mothers, one a friend of my kids and another a relative.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 01:44:53 am »
Not exactly the way I would describe it. 

To me, the Entitlement Generation have figured out a new way to have more than just one shindig whereby the parent(s) get to be provided gifts and money and other assorted stuff for simply telling everyone what sex the ultrasound revealed. That is then apparently followed by additional baby showers before the birth:  the obligatory shower of the mother's parents, followed by another shower from the father's side and then another shower from co-workers and friends.  Registries are a staple and gifts bought from their registry of items they want are 'good form' when attending any of these events...

I refuse most of all of that horseshit.  Christmas has been completely non-commercial for me for about 20 years now.

Everyone in my life knows my "no treasures" rule.  I want no more clutter and precious tchotchkes I need to keep around until death.

I did, however, make an exception for my 5 year-old nephew recently and bought him an infrared thermometer with built-in laser pointer from Tractor Supply... 15 bucks and if I were 5, I would want one.

Also a lady friend had a birthday a few days ago... she of course wanted "treasures"... so I gave her the stone arrowhead I dug up in my garden that morning.

@INVAR
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:46:00 am by rodamala »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 02:00:34 am »
It's an invitation you NEVER want to get from your girlfriend. (especially if she's not pregnant)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 02:15:33 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9bKdIG_Yw
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Woman who said she lost baby in gender-reveal party shooting wasn’t pregnant
CRIMESIDER STAFF CBS/AP July 17, 2017, 12:58 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-woman-who-said-she-lost-baby-in-gender-reveal-party-shooting-wasnt-pregnant/

CINCINNATI -- A woman who claimed to have lost her baby during a deadly shooting at her gender reveal party in suburban Cincinnati earlier this month wasn't pregnant, police said Monday.

Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney said investigators only have speculation about why the woman claimed to be pregnant, but he did not disclose the speculation.

The woman had told local news organizations including CBS affiliate WKRC she lost her unborn child after she was wounded in the leg. She was treated at a hospital for the wound. The woman was on crutches as she spoke with WKRC reporter Megan Moore at the home.

Police said their investigation is being impeded by "leads known to be lies" that are wasting time that could be spent following more productive leads.

"From the very beginning of this investigation, we have met significant resistance that is uncommon from victims of crime wanting a resolution," police said.

"That information is not provided to embarrass anyone, only to provide a fair understanding of the challenges we have faced in the past nine days," the department said in a news release about inaccuracies in the woman's story. "The Colerain Township Police Department will not comment further on any other misleading information, other than to say we wish our time had been spent on true leads that would help us remove these dangerous criminals from the streets."

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-woman-who-said-she-lost-baby-in-gender-reveal-party-shooting-wasnt-pregnant/

@mystery-ak -- I changed the title to the actual title of the original story, plus added this update's title.  Please correct if I did this wrong.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:44:44 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn