Author Topic: This is a 124 shot, 500MP image I took recently of the Milky Way over Lake Leschenaultia in Western Australia.  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Suppressed

This is a 124 shot, 500MP image I took recently of the Milky Way over Lake Leschenaultia in Western Australia.
by inefekt69 | 11 hr ago
http://imgur.com/gallery/4bchi

https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevor_dobson_inefekt69/35548026236/sizes/l (Full res image).

50mm - 124 x 6 seconds - ISO 3200 - f/2.0

Stitched in MS ICE

Lake Lescehnaultia is a man made reservoir created to supply water for steam trains for half a century from the late 1890's. It's now a recreational and camping area located just outside the Perth metropolitan area.
The light pollution from the city can be seen in the right hand side of the image along with the Large & Small Magellanic Clouds. The lights on the left are from the camping grounds. The image covers approximately 180 degrees of the night sky. Originally coming out of the stitching program at 1.6 gigapixels, it has since been trimmed down to 500 megapixels due to Lightroom's size limitations (get your act together Adobe!!).

Low-res:

Note:  "I" != Suppressed
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:10:31 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Offline ConstitutionRose

Stunning picture.  I admire your skill.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Suppressed

Stunning picture.  I admire your skill.

I appreciate your comment, but note that "I" is inefekt69, not Suppressed. I just posted the original title.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:19:26 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

You can get views like that in the rural areas of West Texas too. I do miss being able to see the Milky Way in the night sky.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Majestic.

@Suppressed I was going to ask how did you like Oz until you said it wasn't your picture
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis