Author Topic: Elon Musk Unveils The First Production Model 3  (Read 1622 times)

rangerrebew

Elon Musk Unveils The First Production Model 3
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:25:52 pm »
Elon Musk Unveils The First Production Model 3

by Tyler Durden
Jul 9, 2017 1:02 PM

On Saturday evening, Elon Musk teased the Tesla faithful tweeting that "Production unit 1 of Model 3 is now built and going through final checkout. Pics soon." Four hours later Musk kept his promise when he tweeted the first picture of what he said was the first production model of the the Tesla Model 3.

While Musk has yet to deliver any additional details, not much appears to have been altered in the Model 3's appearance since the concept was revealed in early 2016.

Last week, in which the stock of Tesla briefly tumbled into a bear market after the company announced several disappointing delivery data points, including what appeared to be a ceiling in Model X sales...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-09/elon-musk-unveils-first-production-model-3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:26:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Elon Musk Unveils The First Production Model 3
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:54:40 pm »
Here is a picture of the taxpayer subsidized special.....

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 05:56:16 pm »
All Hail The Saint Elon Mobile!

Hallelujah Lord. Please pass the gov handouts!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 05:59:47 pm »
All Hail The Saint Elon Mobile!

Hallelujah Lord. Please pass the gov handouts!

The car has a MSRP of $35K, but after all the handouts, the buyer ends up getting $12K.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 06:08:20 pm »
The car has a MSRP of $35K, but after all the handouts, the buyer ends up getting $12K.

The Elon Factory produces 1 per day at a coast of $100K per vehicle.   Only in Brother Elon's world can you make money losing 65K on every vehicle you sell.

I bet he makes it up on volume and fleecing his investors (and the taxpayer who are really) funding his Brother Elon's Traveling Auto Salvation Show.

Hot August night
And the leaves hanging down
And the grass on the ground smellin' sweet
Move up the road to the outside of town
And the sound of that good liberal beat
Sits a ragged tent
Where there ain't no trees (Global Warming Killed all the threes)
And that gospel group tellin' you and me
It's Elon, Brother Elon, say
Brother Elon's Traveling Auto Salvation Show
Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies
And ev'ryone goes, 'cause everyone knows
Brother Elon's show...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 06:09:07 pm by Wingnut »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »
Last week, in which the stock of Tesla briefly tumbled into a bear market after the company announced several disappointing delivery data points, including what appeared to be a ceiling in Model X sales...
By that is meant, TSLA hit another new all-time high of 386.99 within the past month or so, and dropped to 309.xx by Thursday. Instead of passenger vehicles, Tesla should be manufacturing roller coasters.

Also in the past month or so, a writer with experience of auto manufacturing, including in the Fremont plant, showed that the factory can't reach the stated production goal/prediction repeatedly given by Musk.

The big fear is, the profitable higher-end vehicles will see a sales slump as the Model 3 hits the market (that's assuming the Model 3 isn't a turkey).

The geography of the market is, the LA basin, Phoenix metro area, and a few other places with the right mix of sunshine (for the SolarCity photovoltaic arrays to charge the cars) and urban density (to obviate the need for lots of commuting miles) and of course money to purchase both. The photovoltaic arrays (and non-mobile battery storage) sufficient to charge the car will run about $90-100K, and (no surprise) push up the assessed valuation on the homes where they're installed.

Contrary to some claims, the impact of the loss of state-level subsidies has been temporary, e.g. in Georgia (I think it was) where Tesla sales recovered and then continued their upward climb.  Tesla sales are still a tiny fraction of all car sales, even in places with the climate and income most compatible with the product.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 06:52:40 pm »
TSLA stock will be at $180 or less by years end.   If you own it...dump it now.  The rose is of the bloom with the turkey.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 06:57:44 pm »
We have reached Peak Welfare Queen.....

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:42 pm »
Tesla's Hong Kong Sales Gutted by Tax Change

Without huge tax Incentives.... this turkey of a car is a cooked goose.

"Hong Kong is the fashionable China," he said. "It's not exactly painting a glowing picture for the future of Tesla in China."

By Tim Higgins and Charles Rollet  Published July 09, 2017 Features  Dow Jones Newswires

Tesla Inc.'s sales in Hong Kong plummeted after authorities slashed a tax break for electric vehicles on April 1, demonstrating how sensitive the company's performance can be to government incentive programs.

Official data from Hong Kong's Transportation Department, analyzed by The Wall Street Journal, show that no newly purchased Tesla Model S sedans or Model X sport-utility vehicles were registered in April in the Chinese territory, and only five privately owned electric vehicles were registered in May.

The collapse followed a surge just before the tax change, which had been announced in February, with new registrations of almost 3,700 Tesla vehicles in the first quarter -- including 2,939 in March alone -- compared with 1,506 vehicles in the entire second half of 2016.

The swing was significant for Tesla, which reported that its vehicle deliveries globally topped 25,000 in the first three months of the year, the auto maker's best sales quarter ever, but fell to just over 22,000 in the second quarter.

The more recent total put Tesla within its first-half target range but below analysts' expectations for the quarter, and fueled concerns among analysts and investors that demand for Tesla's current two models is weakening ahead of the launch of the Model 3, a $35,000 sedan that begins production this month.

The concerns helped push Tesla's share price down over

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/07/09/teslas-hong-kong-sales-gutted-by-tax-change.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 08:27:15 pm »
Used Model S can be had, for around $50,000. New around  $100,000.

With many New full sized luxury and near luxury sedans above $50,000 and some around $100,000 this vehicle is attractive and competitive with trendsetters, fad followers, etc.

Anybody feel so strongly about this firms demise, to short their stock?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 11:00:03 pm »
TSLA stock will be at $180 or less by years end.   If you own it...dump it now.  The rose is of the bloom with the turkey.

Tesla bkmk
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »

Anybody feel so strongly about this firms demise, to short their stock?

Yup. Tesla hasn't given out a solid or truthful earnings report ever. Elon Musk invented the 2 part prospectus. First half is non-GAAP and the second in small print is the GAAP accounting showing the company as a loser. The only people who keep that turd afloat are the taxpayers and the ridiculously uninformed investors.

I will also add that Tesla isn't the only company that is going to tank out there. Look at the massive number of empty building in Silicon Valley. Vacancies were 14% on Great America Parkway. Now they are almost 20%. It's the canary in the coalmine that there is going to be a massive crash in all tech shit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valley-is-becoming-a-commercial-real-estate-disaster-2017-7

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:15 am »
I think the car actually looks pretty good.
And I was never one that cared much for cars, anyway.

What kind of range will it have?
What kind of battery life?

Granted, this probably won't attract folks who need to do long-distance driving or commuting.
But again, it looks pretty snazzy.
Can it deliver?

(And I write this as someone who -is not- an "electric car fan"...)

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 03:23:25 am »

Granted, this probably won't attract folks who need to do long-distance driving or commuting.
Can it deliver?

Man has Brother Elon have a deal for you...come test drive one today....Oh wait...you can't test drive one.  No one has ever test driven one.  But ..no worries.   Put down a deposit on one and maybe you can have your very new Tesla 3 in One maybe 2 years....

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:02 am »

Can it deliver?

They do look pretty good. I was in Butte today for the Montana Folk Fest and there were two black what I suppose were Model X's plugged in to a Tesla charging station near the interstate. I'm guessing they must have been owned by some of the Californians moving into the state. I've seen a few Volts around but that was the first time I'd seen a Tesla in Montana.

I actually like the concept of an electric vehicle and their performance profile, but not the idea of having tax payer dollars subsidizing them. I think a lot of the opposition to them on the right has to do with the fact that many in middle America either directly or indirectly derive their livelihood from the oil patch and there is a fear for loss of those jobs should the electrics ever become a major player which is understandable...