Author Topic: BofA Stunned By Drop In Gasoline Demand: "Where Is Driving Season?"  (Read 839 times)

rangerrebew

BofA Stunned By Drop In Gasoline Demand: "Where Is Driving Season?"

by Tyler Durden
Jul 8, 2017 10:04 PM

Exactly six months ago, when oil bulls still held on to some fleeting hope that OPEC may somehow stabilize the crash in oil prices despite the shift in marginal oil production from low-cost OPEC producers to US shale (a hope which is now gone as the just disclosed letter from Andy Hall demonstrates), Goldman noticed something troubling: an unprecedented collapse in gasoline demand. As the firm's energy analyst Damien Courvalin said on February 8, when discussing the 6% fall in US gasoline demand, such a plunge "would require a US recession" and add that "implied demand data points to US gasoline demand in January declining 460 kb/d or 5.2% year-on-year. In the absence of a base effect, such a decline has only occurred in four periods since 1960 during which time PCE contracted."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-08/bofa-stunned-drop-gasoline-demand-where-driving-season
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:36:00 am by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: BofA Stunned By Drop In Gasoline Demand: "Where Is Driving Season?"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 12:00:07 pm »
When I read people are 'stunned', it generally means someone made the wrong prediction and are just CYA now.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: BofA Stunned By Drop In Gasoline Demand: "Where Is Driving Season?"
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 03:22:49 pm »
It's my fault: I bought a 2014 Altima a couple of months ago, and my fuel usage is down by 30 percent. My wife uses it for her errands, instead of her car that gets maybe 20 mpg.

And she runs a LOT of errands.  Lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.