Author Topic: International tourism is up in the U.S., report says  (Read 850 times)

rangerrebew

International tourism is up in the U.S., report says
« on: July 09, 2017, 11:25:22 am »
International tourism is up in the U.S., report says

By Jade Scipioni Published July 05, 2017 Transportation FOXBusiness Opens a New Window.

International travel to the U.S. grew by more than 5% in May compared to last year, according to the Travel Trends Index report released Wednesday by the U.S. Travel Association.

The news comes amid fears that tourism abroad would slow as a result of President Trump’s travel ban. The ban was reinstated temporarily by the Supreme Court last week after being revised in January following chaos at airports around the country.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/07/05/international-tourism-is-up-in-u-s-report-says.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:26:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: International tourism is up in the U.S., report says
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 12:01:26 pm »
Easy to see why people feel safer now that someone in power is finally doing something about the runaway importation of terrorists.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 03:28:49 pm »
Easy to see why people feel safer now that someone in power is finally doing something about the runaway importation of terrorists.

Given a choice of European areas inundated with refugees and the US, the logic is unassailable.

Also consider that gas is $2/gallon vs $6 in Europe, a family can enjoy a much more economical road trip here.

I've projected that the fuel cost for our road trip from North Texas to Eastern Washington neoweek will be about $300, for a 4000 mile round trip.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:29:14 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:03:02 pm »
Given a choice of European areas inundated with refugees and the US, the logic is unassailable.

Also consider that gas is $2/gallon vs $6 in Europe, a family can enjoy a much more economical road trip here.

I've projected that the fuel cost for our road trip from North Texas to Eastern Washington neoweek will be about $300, for a 4000 mile round trip.
Ever been to Disney Orlando?  The place is inundated with Europeans.  I recall asking one why so many come and  I am told that it is cheaper to fly to Florida and go to Disney than to go to many European destinations.

Last time in London every cab driver I had said they had been to Disney.  (What's disconcerting is for most of them, it was the only time to visit the US, so that may be the only appreciation of our culture they have)
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington