Author Topic: Study blows 'greenhouse theory out of the water'  (Read 1054 times)

rangerrebew

Study blows 'greenhouse theory out of the water'
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:46:31 am »
Study blows 'greenhouse theory out of the water'
'All observed climatic changes have natural causes completely outside of human control'
Published: 8 hours ago

BOZEMAN, Mont. – A new scientific paper contends the entire foundation of the man-made global-warming theory – the assumption that greenhouse gases warm the atmosphere by trapping heat – is wrong.

If confirmed, the study’s findings would crush the entire “climate change” movement to restrict CO2 emissions, the authors assert

Some experts contacted by WND criticized the paper, while others advised caution.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/07/study-blows-greenhouse-theory-out-of-the-water/#IE2KP7jtcgBFLR8J.99

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Study blows 'greenhouse theory out of the water'
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »
Interesting, and will bear watching. I am not so sure the theory accounts for warming, but it is nice to see someone come up with an alternative folks can point to. Solar cycles are my first bet, but people have trouble relaitng to processes which take tens of years, much less tens of thousands.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:18:11 pm »
If it comes from the World Nut Daily I like to see another source when I do a search.   DNF.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:53 pm »
If it comes from the World Nut Daily I like to see another source when I do a search.   DNF.

Yeah its hard to see through the usual WND stupid. To declare that there is no greenhouse effect is simply scientific malpractice. The greenhouse effect is proven by the fact that the temperatures don't drop by hundreds of degrees after sunset.

The real debate is over how much heat our atmosphere traps and what proportion of those atmospheric gasses are manmade.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:47 pm »
Yeah its hard to see through the usual WND stupid. To declare that there is no greenhouse effect is simply scientific malpractice. The greenhouse effect is proven by the fact that the temperatures don't drop by hundreds of degrees after sunset.

The real debate is over how much heat our atmosphere traps and what proportion of those atmospheric gasses are manmade.
I have my own pet idea on the self-limiting nature of the planet that works in conjunction with solar activity to regulate temperature, in that when sea levels lower during an ice advance, the pressure drop causes degassing of methane hydrates and the methane release is what causes the climate reversal. I could be wrong, though, at this stage it's really just a wild eyed hypothesis. I'd like the idea to get some serious scrutiny before we go harvesting methane hydrates, though.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 09:55:39 pm »
I have my own pet idea on the self-limiting nature of the planet that works in conjunction with solar activity to regulate temperature, in that when sea levels lower during an ice advance, the pressure drop causes degassing of methane hydrates and the methane release is what causes the climate reversal. I could be wrong, though, at this stage it's really just a wild eyed hypothesis. I'd like the idea to get some serious scrutiny before we go harvesting methane hydrates, though.

I agree with being careful

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 11:19:10 pm »

Why would the ice bubbles in the cores not show that methane?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 12:04:18 am »

Dinosaurs, much like my ex wife, didn't pass gas?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 12:48:15 am »
Did anyone look for methane?

C S Lewis