Author Topic: 'Despacito' Boosts Puerto Rico's Economy  (Read 704 times)

Offline Suppressed

'Despacito' Boosts Puerto Rico's Economy
« on: July 09, 2017, 02:32:56 am »
'Despacito' Boosts Puerto Rico's Economy
7/6/2017 by Suzette Fernandez
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/7857756/despacito-fonsi-yankee-bieber-boosts-puerto-rico-economy

Just two months ago, Puerto Rico’s governor, Ricardo Rosselló, declared the country bankrupt in order to restructure a $70 billion debt. However, reports reveal that the global smash "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee has aroused the interest of foreign tourists to know the place where the superstars were born.

According to daily Un Nuevo Dia, tourist interest in traveling to Puerto Rico increased 45 percent since the song began to play worldwide. How did this happened? Just including the phrase, "this is how we do it down in Puerto Rico," and filming the music video in amazing locations certainly seems to have helped.

This week, the “Despacito” with Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber leads the Hot 100 chart for an eight week now and, also, is frontrunner for Billboard’s Song of the Summer.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/7857756/despacito-fonsi-yankee-bieber-boosts-puerto-rico-economy
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 'Despacito' Boosts Puerto Rico's Economy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:20:16 am »
Competition for the tourist dollar. Funny how that can work. Why, it's downright capitalist!

Seriously, I hope it helps the economy there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis