Author Topic: Military hero MJ Hegar launches Democratic bid against U.S. Rep. John Carter  (Read 1045 times)

Online corbe

Military hero MJ Hegar launches Democratic bid against U.S. Rep. John Carter

Decorated Air Force veteran MJ Hegar is hoping to flip a reliably Republican congressional district that includes one of the country's largest military bases.

by Patrick Svitek July 6, 2017 5 hours ago

Decorated Air Force veteran MJ Hegar with her son, Daniel, in her home in Round Rock on June 29, 2017
 Bob Daemmrich for The Texas Tribune

In a Texas congressional district that includes one of the country's largest military bases, a military hero is betting she can stage a political upset.

Air Force veteran MJ Hegar is launching a Democratic challenge against U.S. Rep. John Carter, R-Round Rock, in Texas' solidly red 31st Congressional District.

"I see a threat to our Constitution, our democracy," Hegar said in a recent interview, "and I feel compelled to do something more about it."

Hegar served three tours in Afghanistan as a search-and-rescue pilot, and in 2009, she saved the lives of her passengers after her medevac helicopter was shot down by the Taliban. She subsequently received the Purple Heart as well as the Distinguished Flying Cross with Valor Device.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/07/06/carter-gets-democratic-challenger-military-hero-mj-hegar/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Um no
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Peeing in the wind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
On her Wikipedia page, no mention of the father of that baby. Lady pilot, Austin, educated.

What are her political views? More Obamacare?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln