Author Topic: CVS is hiding candy, sunscreen from consumers  (Read 1487 times)

rangerrebew

CVS is hiding candy, sunscreen from consumers
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:16:11 am »
CVS is hiding candy, sunscreen from consumers

Published June 29, 2017 Retail FOXBusiness Opens a New Window.

FBN's Cheryl Casone on reports CVS will ban sales of low-protection tanning oils and sunscreens and eliminate foods that contain artificial transfats.

CVS Health Corp (CVS) is moving most its candy away from the storefront, banning the sale of low protection sunscreens and eliminating foods that contain artificial trans-fat.

The new changes are part of the company’s efforts to stand apart from its rivals and emphasize the "Health" aspect of its name.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/06/29/cvs-is-hiding-candy-sunscreen-from-consumers.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:16:58 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

Re: CVS is hiding candy, sunscreen from consumers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:28:00 pm »
When they started this kick with the anti-smoking drive, I stopped going there.  I'm not even a smoker.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »
When they started this kick with the anti-smoking drive, I stopped going there.  I'm not even a smoker.

I would too, but my company's medical insurance uses CVS exclusively for prescriptions. We cannot go anywhere else.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:46:35 pm »
I would too, but my company's medical insurance uses CVS exclusively for prescriptions. We cannot go anywhere else.

You are lucky.  My co.retirement  health care provider is hell bent on only us being able to get meds via mail.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:41:30 pm »
What I miss were the old neighborhood Mom and Pop pharmacies where the owner knew everyone by name, what medications they were taking, and, if you presented a scrip for something that might clash with what you're already taking, would call your doctor.   Didn't need a computer.  When the scrip was filled, he would give you a little talk about when and how to take the medication and alert you to any possible side effects. 

And the pharmacist had the drug you needed on hand.  None of this "we ran out.  Come back tomorrow" nonsense.  Today's chains treat the patients like cattle.   You're a faceless number to them. 

This is an example of big box shiny stores puthing the little guys out of business because allegedy the big stores could do things faster, cheaper and better. But the chains are not an improvement over the family-run stores.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 08:02:16 pm »

Weird. I did the same thing, @Suppressed  :thud:

But that was for make up and sundries. Now I go to the Walgreens they built across the street from the cvs. Better prices and a cleaner store,
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:07:59 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:05:03 pm »
What I miss were the old neighborhood Mom and Pop pharmacies where the owner knew everyone by name, what medications they were taking, and, if you presented a scrip for something that might clash with what you're already taking, would call your doctor.   Didn't need a computer.  When the scrip was filled, he would give you a little talk about when and how to take the medication and alert you to any possible side effects. 

And the pharmacist had the drug you needed on hand.  None of this "we ran out.  Come back tomorrow" nonsense.  Today's chains treat the patients like cattle.   You're a faceless number to them. 

This is an example of big box shiny stores puthing the little guys out of business because allegedy the big stores could do things faster, cheaper and better. But the chains are not an improvement over the family-run stores.

I've been using the same pharmacist for    18 years. He knows me like the old time pharmacists in the mom and pop stores. I'm very lucky 🍀
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 08:05:28 pm »
Weird. I did the same thing, @Suppressed  :thud:

888high58888

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was tilting at windmills, but even if I am, at least I have company when I face the giants!  ^-^
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn