Author Topic: Latest Fashion Trend: Cowboy Boot Sandals [For the Flip-Flop Haters]  (Read 5444 times)

Offline anubias

Here are some fugly flip-flops!

This head-turning fashion statement combines two polar opposite shoes into one. Also know as “the mullet of the shoe world”.

More eye popping fugliness at link: http://www.sadanduseless.com/2017/07/bootsandals/

Online roamer_1

Re: Latest Fashion Trend: Cowboy Boot Sandals [For the Flip-Flop Haters]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:01:49 am »
I don't think so Scooter...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:26 am »
This stupidity was pimped years ago to no avail. The only thing I can remember from the news cycle back then was this idiot who invented this lived in his moms basement and I thought to myself that is where he will stay with shitty ideas like this.

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 04:07:15 am »
I know of some fairly crazy (and stupid) women, but none of them would be caught dead in those.  Surely.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:11:55 am »
Got me a brand new pair of Tony Lamas from Cavendar's on my last trip to Palestine, TX... and my darling little Princess kitteh, attempted to make them open-toe boots.

@Freya saw the pics... still need to figure how I am gonna salvage a pair of $280 boots full of cat scratches.

Offline anubias

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:15:02 am »
Got me a brand new pair of Tony Lamas from Cavendar's on my last trip to Palestine, TX... and my darling little Princess kitteh, attempted to make them open-toe boots.

@Freya saw the pics... still need to figure how I am gonna salvage a pair of $280 boots full of cat scratches.

8888crybaby

Was it only the toe point or further up on the boot?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 04:15:10 am »

@rodamala

Silver tips... or copper tips...

EDIT: Oops... Tonys. NM. I don't think Tonys will come apart enough to install tips or spur channels.
Tony's are not very well made anymore.
Justins are still pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:25:22 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 04:25:01 am »
I don't think so Scooter...
That's a fine example of "Just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you ought to..."

Mrs. Joe's comment would just be bleeped by the filters, anyway (and she doesn't even like that word).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:25:34 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 04:26:12 am »
That's a fine example of "Just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you ought to..."

Mrs. Joe's comment would just be bleeped by the filters, anyway (and she doesn't even like that word).

Who ever thought that up shoulda been slapped upside the head.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 04:26:47 am »
still need to figure how I am gonna salvage a pair of $280 boots full of cat scratches.

That's a gouge for Tony Lamas. They are shit anymore. I got a guy in Mexico that custom makes whatever you want, handmade, double pegged, all leather, delivered for that price.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 05:03:17 am »
8888crybaby

Was it only the toe point or further up on the boot?

@anubias

Just the toe.  Accessing database...

Offline rodamala

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 05:09:44 am »
That's a gouge for Tony Lamas. They are shit anymore. I got a guy in Mexico that custom makes whatever you want, handmade, double pegged, all leather, delivered for that price.

@Frank Cannon

Little baby princess Peanut Butter is a Buy America proponent.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 05:11:21 am »
@anubias

First off, round toes are boring. Throw them away. Second thing, a shoe repair guy should be able to get on that with a buffer and polish and make a lot of that go away. The boots look evenly damaged so it won't be at odd looking after a polish.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 05:16:20 am »
@Frank Cannon

Little baby princess Peanut Butter is a Buy America proponent.

Hate to burst Princess's bubble, but Tony Lama, Nacona and Justins haven't been made in the USA for years. Your lucky if they were made in Mexico. A lot are now made in........wait for it.....China.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 05:24:30 am »
First off, round toes are boring. Throw them away. Second thing, a shoe repair guy should be able to get on that with a buffer and polish and make a lot of that go away. The boots look evenly damaged so it won't be at odd looking after a polish.

Eat shit, Frank.  I refuse to wear square-toed shit... and I tried on dozens of pairs of boots and not a single cowboy roper would fit me...

Problem was my criteria was USA made, leather sole, and not these moron sawed off toes square toe flipper boots that everyone now wears.

Just checked the receipt... The 30-something dollar belt I got there made the total with tax $290.  These boots were actually marked down from something like $320, to $240.

I figured I was gonna just work on em with some conditioner and polish...  I dunno.

A total lesson in, "This is why we can't have nice things".

@Frank Cannon

Offline rodamala

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 05:26:56 am »
Hate to burst Princess's bubble, but Tony Lama, Nacona and Justins haven't been made in the USA for years. Your lucky if they were made in Mexico. A lot are now made in........wait for it.....China.

These boots were made in El Paso, Texas.  98% of the boots in that store were Hechoed en Chine.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 05:28:08 am »
Last pair of Tony's I bought were in '82, and the soles wore through (toe wiggling through, not just a little pinhole) in three months. Haven't bought any since.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 05:29:14 am »
I refuse to wear square-toed shit...

Sheepherder boots. BLEAH.
But I don't like round-toes either... Might as well buy Wellingtons...
but just try to find an honest to God sh*tkicker anymore...  :shrug:

Frank's right though... A good shoemaker will fix a whole lot of that...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:29:34 am by roamer_1 »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:50 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 05:35:32 am »
Eat shit, Frank.  I refuse to wear square-toed shit... and I tried on dozens of pairs of boots and not a single cowboy roper would fit me...

Problem was my criteria was USA made, leather sole, and not these moron sawed off toes square toe flipper boots that everyone now wears.

Just checked the receipt... The 30-something dollar belt I got there made the total with tax $290.  These boots were actually marked down from something like $320, to $240.

I figured I was gonna just work on em with some conditioner and polish...  I dunno.

A total lesson in, "This is why we can't have nice things".

@Frank Cannon

First off, eat shit. Secondly, round toes suck. You may as well buy work boots. Thirdly, square toes suck....unless you are a rodeo clown or a porta-john maintenance worker. Fourthly, a lot of those generic off the rack boots are made in China and Mexico and just enough is done in El Paso to allow a 'Murican flag to be put on it. Fifthly, eat shit.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:48 am »
Last pair of Tony's I bought were in '82, and the soles wore through (toe wiggling through, not just a little pinhole) in three months. Haven't bought any since.

YEP... Shouldn't have to go to duct tape for a year... even if you are working the pens.

But that ain't it for me... It's that they cannot be resoled. I'd put up with a cheap sole if I could resole them with oxhide next time... But they are glued together. When the sole goes, throw them out.

And my last pair, my shoemaker had to cut the heel apart to install a full ride heel... and no spur channel either... They're rhinestone territory as far as I am concerned.

Which is fine for Sunday morning... But the problem is, my Sunday boots get demoted to sh*tkickers when my workaday boots 'retire', and I go buy good new ones to break in on Sundays

Offline rodamala

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 05:38:10 am »
Sheepherder boots. BLEAH.
But I don't like round-toes either... Might as well buy Wellingtons...
but just try to find an honest to God sh*tkicker anymore...  :shrug:

Frank's right though... A good shoemaker will fix a whole lot of that...

@roamer_1

Thing is... I bought these actually as kinda nice "going out dancing" boots that could become everyday farm boots (Wellies if you will)... I just didn't expect them to... ahem... depreciate so fast.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:20 am »
First off, eat shit. Secondly, round toes suck. You may as well buy work boots. Thirdly, square toes suck....unless you are a rodeo clown or a porta-john maintenance worker. Fourthly, a lot of those generic off the rack boots are made in China and Mexico and just enough is done in El Paso to allow a 'Murican flag to be put on it. Fifthly, eat shit.

Mom!  Uncle Frank's hopped up on goofballs again!

You really crack me up, dude.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 05:42:16 am »
@roamer_1

Thing is... I bought these actually as kinda nice "going out dancing" boots that could become everyday farm boots (Wellies if you will)... I just didn't expect them to... ahem... depreciate so fast.

@rodamala
Yeah, I get it, but take em in to a leather guy... A whole lot of that will buff right out, and what won't might look good - a kinda speckled finish that will probably look pretty uniform...
Can't say for sure without they're in my hand, but from the pics, I'd give it a whirl...

And PS: forget the silvertips... they look silly on round toes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:46:48 am by roamer_1 »

Offline anubias

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 05:53:55 am »
@anubias

Wow.  Tips won't cover that.  I'm so sorry @rodamala