Author Topic: Scientists Criticize Stephen Hawking’s ‘Bizarre’ Claim Trump Will Push Earth ‘Over the Brink’  (Read 1203 times)

rangerrebew

Scientists Criticize Stephen Hawking’s ‘Bizarre’ Claim Trump Will Push Earth ‘Over the Brink’

By Michael Bastasch Published on July 3, 2017 • 1 Comment
Michael Bastasch

Climate scientists and policy experts are criticizing famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking for arguing President Donald Trump’s policies would push the Earth “over the brink” towards runaway global warming.

Hawking told told BBC News in a Sunday story that Trump’s recent decision to withdraw the U.S. from the Paris climate accord would doom the Earth.

https://stream.org/scientists-criticize-stephen-hawkings-bizarre-claim-trump-will-push-earth-brink/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:12:51 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Perhaps the ALS is starting to ruin a great mind.

Offline DB

He's practically worshiped in some quarters and its gone to his head. His claims get bolder and bolder well beyond what is known, or can be known, all to be the go to guy for past and future.

He jumped the shark some time ago when he decided it made prefect sense to him how the universe could have sprang from nothing all without the need for God. As soon as you can claim everything sprang from nothing and can rationalize it, you can rationalize anything. At that point everything he says is tainted.

Just my uneducated 2 cents...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Personally, the period of global warming I'm worried about will happen in a few billion years when as our sun dies. By then we will be extinct or on another planet, or moon. I'm good with this. We all come from dust and end up eventually as dust, as it says in the Bible.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:30:52 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Leftists are the most devoutly religious people in the world. They are primarily fanatical Jews, Catholics, Evangelicals, and others, who have replaced their 'religion' with the worship of Leftism.

Hawking is no different. His life used to be dedicated to pure science and mathematics. Lately, he has replaced his fervor for science with fanatical Leftism. It is inevitable that as celebrities lose their ability to perform, that they turn to Leftism to try to maintain the spotlight and some relevance.

With Hawking, I'm not sure it is such a loss. Like all the Hollywood Leftist before him, his career was coming to an end anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's practically worshiped in some quarters and its gone to his head. His claims get bolder and bolder well beyond what is known, or can be known, all to be the go to guy for past and future.

He jumped the shark some time ago when he decided it made prefect sense to him how the universe could have sprang from nothing all without the need for God. As soon as you can claim everything sprang from nothing and can rationalize it, you can rationalize anything. At that point everything he says is tainted.

Just my uneducated 2 cents...

I think you're correct.  And, as many overly-educated types, they assume that because they are an expert in a certain field makes them experts in other fields.  It just isn't so.

Offline Suppressed

Agreed.

From what did God spring?

Turtles, all the way down...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

rangerrebew

Is he saying a tornado could go through a junk yard and create a 747?

Offline DB

Doesn't matter. To rationalize something from literally nothing as explainable science in human terms isn't possible. In other words, a man has to know his limitations...

Offline DB

Is he saying a tornado could go through a junk yard and create a 747?

No, he went beyond that. The 747 and everything else popped up from literally nothing. But that it is explainable in human terms with physics alone.

Offline berdie

I fear you may be correct.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
He's been elevated because of the ALS -- miraculously, oops, I mean, due to blind chance, he's managed to live decades longer than anyone expected, and because of his condition, he's been insufficiently criticized for anything he says.  He's just a left-wing poster child.  He showed that when he sided with the Pali terrorists a few years back, in a different public statement.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline skeeter

Agreed.

Define 'God'.