Author Topic: Trump’s war of annihilation strategy against Islamic State frees military to quickly seize territory  (Read 761 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Sunday, July 2, 2017

President Trump’s war of annihilation against the Islamic State played out this spring in the Syrian town of Tabqa, a critical prize in the ongoing final march to Raqqa.

Defense Secretary James Mattis announced the annihilation strategy in mid-May, but before that commanders in Iraq and Syria got the go-ahead to fight ISIS, as the Pentagon calls the terrorist army, Trump-style.

Under President Obama, U.S. Army Special Forces assigned to Syrian Democratic Forces needed special approval from Washington for virtually all tactical moves amid the politically complex theater of Americans, Arabs, Kurds, Turks and Syrians.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/2/donald-trumps-isis-annihilation-strategy-quickly-l/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Trump allowing more latitude for the military in the theater. Appears to be paying off.

I think this one goes in the plus column.

Not for those who choose to read only stories about stupid tweets, however.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:31:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good news.  The CIC is letting the military kill them. 

Offline DB

Sounds good.

If you are going to authorize the military to solve a problem, let it do its job with clearly defined objectives. Otherwise don't do it.

rangerrebew

It's almost frightening, I'll take that back - is frightening - to think of Imam Obama, who hated the military, was making command decisions on a subject for which he didn't even know how to pronounce corpsman.  At least Trump is smart enough to leave the military do what the military trains to do.

Offline Suppressed

Gotta give him big kudos for this!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn