Author Topic: As a Sikh American Woman, I am Proud to Serve My Country  (Read 496 times)

rangerrebew

As a Sikh American Woman, I am Proud to Serve My Country
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:39:05 am »
 As a Sikh American Woman, I am Proud to Serve My Country

Military.com | 30 Jun 2017 | by Second Class Petty Officer Geena Kaur

Geena Kaur serves as a Second Class Petty Officer in the United States Navy.

In today's politically charged and increasingly globalized world, it's more important than ever to be open to the beliefs and cultures of those around you. This country was built on the strong foundation of religious freedom, and it's one of the rights we hold dearest. As a United States citizen and a proud Sikh American, one of the greatest joys of my life thus far has been having the opportunity to serve the country I love. In my time serving as an Enlisted Sailor in the United States Navy, I've had the chance to not only defend my country but to fulfill a promise I made to honor the legacy of my father.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/06/30/as-sikh-american-woman-i-am-proud-serve-my-country.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:39:55 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: As a Sikh American Woman, I am Proud to Serve My Country
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:25:34 pm »
Cool! Daddy sure looks proud.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis