Author Topic: How Government Wrecked the Gas Can  (Read 2413 times)

Offline flowers

Re: How Government Wrecked the Gas Can
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »
 They are horrible now.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
Unfortunately, there's a long way to go in the next 28 days.

I'm sure they'd appreciate support.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/639660302/the-ultimate-fuel-can-made-in-the-usa
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:57:50 pm »
That one might pour better, but I will NEVER buy another plastic gas can.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:12:40 pm »
I wasn't very happy when they forced me to but new propane tanks.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 01:09:30 am »
Fortunately, I still have two "old-style" plastic containers (the kind with the small cap you remove to let air in).

The old spouts wore out, but you can go to Tractor Supply and buy a replacement for about $8 or so. They're not technically sold to be as intended for gas cans (wink), but they fit. And they work just fine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 01:20:21 am »
Fortunately, I still have two "old-style" plastic containers (the kind with the small cap you remove to let air in).

The old spouts wore out, but you can go to Tractor Supply and buy a replacement for about $8 or so. They're not technically sold to be as intended for gas cans (wink), but they fit. And they work just fine.

YEP. Ranch supply has kits, complete with the missing vent cap. A wee bit of talent with a drill and about a 30 second 'installation', and your gas can is what it was before.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 01:29:33 am »
YEP. Ranch supply has kits, complete with the missing vent cap. A wee bit of talent with a drill and about a 30 second 'installation', and your gas can is what it was before.

You think those kits would work on a metal can?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 01:33:35 am »
You think those kits would work on a metal can?

Dunno if the thread and bore is the same... all you could do is find out.  :shrug:

If I am going to metal, it's going to be a jerry can, and those are here used in abundance - dunno if the new jerry cans have been Californicated or not....
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:34:02 am by roamer_1 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 01:38:32 am »
Dunno if the thread and bore is the same... all you could do is find out.  :shrug:

If I am going to metal, it's going to be a jerry can, and those are here used in abundance - dunno if the new jerry cans have been Californicated or not....

I got tired of our plastic cans springing leaks so we converted to the metal ones.  They have a tube within the nozzle that is supposed to let air in, but it doesn't work very well.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 05:14:06 am »
I got tired of our plastic cans springing leaks so we converted to the metal ones.  They have a tube within the nozzle that is supposed to let air in, but it doesn't work very well.

any decent welder could add a vent to that... Let him know it was holding gas before you turn him loose on it...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 12:23:40 pm »
any decent welder could add a vent to that... Let him know it was holding gas before you turn him loose on it...

You can weld things like that by filling them with water first to displace flammable/explosive materiel, then emptying before welding.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »
@roamer_1

Which ranch supply?  Google search for that yields dozens of _______ Ranch Supply hits

Thx!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »
You can weld things like that by filling them with water first to displace flammable/explosive materiel, then emptying before welding.

Yep, I know.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 01:07:50 pm »
@roamer_1

Which ranch supply?  Google search for that yields dozens of _______ Ranch Supply hits

Thx!

Here there's a Murdoch's ranch supply store and the local farm/feed store here is run by Cenex.

or here:
https://gasspouts.com/collections/all
http://ezpourspout.com/

About ten bucks...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 01:11:25 pm »