Author Topic: 1,000 foreign-born military recruits facing deportation under proposed Pentagon plan  (Read 427 times)

rangerrebew

1,000 foreign-born military recruits facing deportation under proposed Pentagon plan

By: Mackenzie Wolf, June 28, 2017 militarytimes.com

One thousand foreign-born military recruits are facing deportation under a proposed Pentagon plan to cancel enlistment contracts for those without legal immigration status, reports The Washington Post.

A Defense Department memo obtained by The Washington Post highlights potential security threats in the Military Accessions Vital to National Interest (MAVNI) program, which was implemented to accelerate citizenship in exchange for crucial medical and language skills.

http://www.militarytimes.com/article...-pentagon-plan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm one of the more "anti-immigrant" posters in this forum.

But... seems to me if someone has come from another country and enters our military service and performs that service honorably ... that the individual should receive consideration to be placed on a fast track for citizenship.

He or she has "done more for the country" than the vast majority of "citizen youths" who would never for a moment consider volunteering for military service.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I would normally agree, but I wonder who these people are and what their reasons for enlisting are.   I'm thinking Nadal Hassan, for instance.