Author Topic: Well, here he is, in all his manic glory  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Well, here he is, in all his manic glory
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »
Already laid an egg too!

Online roamer_1

Re: Well, here he is, in all his manic glory
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2017, 07:32:41 pm »
I still miss him so desperately that I've been pretty much in limbo this summer.

Yeah, I know. Brown was my constant companion... I've had two dogs since him, but he's the one I remember. Maybe it's because he was the first of my dogs to actually make it to old age (had way more time with him than most).

But the new pup will weasel his way into your heart, and that will help to ease the loss... Not the same, I know... Different... but that's alright.

Bet I've not had the bike out 10 times and missed Gettysburg Bike Week entirely.
I just don't have the heart to do much of anything.

Not my business, but exactly wrong. There's a time to mourn... I get it... But don't let it take you away. I almost did that over my divorce. Such a betrayal... A way worse thing than losing Brown, even... But at some point, you've got to put down your broken things and get back to living. And today's a better day for that than tomorrow, believe me...  :shrug:

Funny how that works btw... I am not prone to travel, but one of the best things there is to center me back up is getting in the wind. There's something about a Harley and a long, lonesome stretch of open road that soothes the soul.

Make yourself get up, Sal. Get in the wind. A long run. I think you'll be glad you did.
 :0001: