Poll

So should she be charged, or given a pass due to pregnancy hormones

Innocent.
8 (80%)
Quilty
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: July 13, 2017, 01:18:46 am

Author Topic: Man chased, struck by SUV in Walmart parking lot; man and driver charged  (Read 2687 times)

Wingnut

Caught on camera: Man chased, struck by SUV in Walmart parking lot; man and driver charged.

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — A pregnant woman tells News 13 she chased a man and hit him with her SUV in a Walmart parking lot after she says he attempted to steal her purse.
It happened around 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Walmart on Bleachery Boulevard. News 13 was there and got exclusive video of the incident.

http://wlos.com/news/local/man-sent-to-hospital-after-being-struck-by-vehicle-in-walmart-parking-lot

Offline thackney

Christine Braswell, 26, and other witnesses we talked to said the man, later identified as Robert Raines, was rummaging through her SUV prior to the incident.

A witness to the alleged break-in, Blake Bennett, told News 13 he confronted Raines.

"When I walked out of Walmart, he had her purse and was pulling all of her stuff out," Bennett said. "Then me and my friend told him to put it down and 'What are you doing?'"

Braswell said Raines ran away with her purse and dropped some other items when she confronted him.

For me, reason enough to not charge.  Pregnancy doesn't matter.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"Quilty"?   Is that something like blanket amnesty?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

If the witness really backs up her claim, then yes she should be exonerated.  Nothing to do with pregnancy. 

And what's this about her purse in the car?  Why didn't she have the purse with her? Maybe she took the money and cards with her,  but really,no one should leave a purse in the car, particularly if it's in plain view. The purse is an open invitation for someone to break in or even steal the car.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:56:02 pm by Applewood »

Offline mountaineer

"Quilty"?   Is that something like blanket amnesty?
Applied in patchwork fashion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org