Author Topic: Trump Attacks Amazon, Calls For Internet Tax In Order To Target Washington Post  (Read 1194 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Ben Shapiro
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18041/trump-attacks-amazon-calls-internet-tax-order-ben-shapiro

On Wednesday, President Trump took to Twitter to threaten Amazon for the sin of being owned by the
same fellow who owns The Washington Post. Trump, who despises the Post with the fiery fury of a thousand
flaming suns, has threatened Amazon before — during the campaign he threatened, “If I become president,
oh do they have problems. They’re going to have such problems" . . .

. . . Today, Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The #AmazonWashingtonPost, sometimes referred to as the
guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they
should) is FAKE NEWS!
6:06 AM - 28 Jun 2017

. . . Amazon and The Washington Post are both owned by Jeff Bezos. That is the end of their relationship. They
are independent companies with independent assets. Amazon doesn’t even cover the news. Yet Trump is threatening
Amazon because he doesn’t like Bezos.

Beyond that, Trump is fibbing about Amazon not paying taxes. First off, there are no internet taxes, thank God,
so Amazon should not pay them. Second, as a charter member of Amazon Prime, I can safely say that I pay the
California sales tax routinely via Amazon, which means Amazon pays sales taxes. Third, Amazon pays precisely
the tax it is required to under law; if it didn’t, the Trump administration has every ability to require an IRS audit.
Fourth, Trump can’t exactly complain about Amazon’s penchant for using tax loopholes to write off losses . . .
Fair disclosure: I shop via Amazon regularly and I pay the sales taxes they collect, too. (Nevada doesn't have a
state income tax but it does have a 6.85 percent state sales tax.)

And weren't Republicans (actual or alleged) supposed to be the people who didn't suffer using taxes or
the taxmanperson to punish who disagree with them gladly? (You know, the way Lois What's-Her-Face sicced
the IRS on groups whose politics she despised . . . )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:19:10 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Tax those we don't like- the new Conservative way.

SMH

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And weren't Republicans (actual or alleged) supposed to be the people who didn't suffer using taxes or
the taxmanperson to punish who disagree with them gladly? (You know, the way Lois What's-Her-Face sicced
the IRS on groups whose politics she despised . . . )

Oh just shut up and stuff your principles. 

We're in a new age man, an age of PAYBACK, RETRIBUTION and POPULISM.

So either get on Trump's train - or be crushed by it - even when he decides to use it as a weapon against those people who will not genuflect his image.

/sarc.

BTW, where exactly is it in the Constitution that the President can levy punitive taxes on people and businesses he doesn't like?

Oh that's right - the GOP let Lerner skate when Obama set that up as a precedent.

I remember now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

Hey, I pay taxes on items fullfilled by Amazon.  I have never paid taxes on items shipped by their affiliates.  Because of that...Sometimes it is cheaper to bypass Amazon and go that route.

Now... back to the regular Trump bashing by the usual suspects.

Offline EasyAce

Oh just shut up and stuff your principles. 

I hear they're serving stuffed principal under glass at the local high school.

We're in a new age man, an age of PAYBACK, RETRIBUTION and POPULISM.

Must be old age, I'm getting a little forgetful ;)

So either get on Trump's train - or be crushed by it - even when he decides to use it as a weapon against those people who will not genuflect his image.

/sarc.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I do a lot of shopping with Amazon. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and pay more.

Its for the good of the state don'tcha know.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He's just punking them. It's kind of funny because liberals always want more taxes unless it's their business.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just read the entire thread.

ROFL!!   You guyz ...   *****rollingeyes*****

You remind me of Ruby and the Romantics hit "Our Day Will Come" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3WdW4HNoXU
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

He's just punking them. It's kind of funny because liberals always want more taxes unless it's their business.

Presidents shouldn't be punking anybody, especially when it comes to taxes.

Not going to lose any sleep over this, though.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Victoria33

Oh just shut up and stuff your principles.   We're in a new age man, an age of PAYBACK, RETRIBUTION and POPULISM.
/sarc.
@INVAR

That does it.  Messing with my Amazon is the last straw.  No one messes with my Amazon.  Impeach now as messing with my Amazon is a crime of the highest order.

Wingnut

Obama punked us for 8 years.  Hell, the pr*ck is still punking us as he lives the lifestyle he has grown accustomed too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

^^ THIS!

Because Presidents typically get their party to push their economic plans and agenda through Congress... including taxation.

And as you all know, there isn't a single tax that can be dreamed up that Congress will not be tempted to enact.

So not exactly a fun thing to 'punk' a private business over anymore than any of us would have liked Obama to have 'punked' a punitive tax on radio stations and Conservative publications that made fun of His Heinous in his first term with a House and Senate in his corner.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

In the long run probably not. Nonetheless it does gore WaPo's ox.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EasyAce

So not exactly a fun thing to 'punk' a private business over anymore than any of us would have liked Obama to have 'punked' a punitive tax on radio stations and Conservative publications that made fun of His Heinous in his first term with a House and Senate in his corner.
He had Lois Lerner to do that punking for him.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump's tweets alone are taxing enough as it is. I don't see how he can try to make make dollars from something that doesn't make sense.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

We need a Trumpcipher to decode what that tweet really said because it doesn't make much sense in English.

And if Trump really wants to ride the whirlwind, screw with peoples Amazon prime...

Offline EasyAce

I don't see how he can try to make make dollars from something that doesn't make sense.
@bigheadfred
I thought that was how he made half his personal fortune. ;)