Author Topic: Lost dogs return home after owners cook sausages near where they went missing  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Suppressed

Lost dogs return home after owners cook sausages near where they went missing
by Helena Horton
28 JUNE 2017 • 10:17AM

Sizzling sausages tempted these lost hounds home CREDIT: JIM DAVIS/CATERS NEWS

The family of a pair of handsome miniature schnauzers were distraught when they disappeared in thick fog while on a walk in the hills.

They thought they would never see Charlie and Theo again - until the pair scampered back when they smelled sizzling sausages.

Owners Liz and Graham Hampson launched a rescue campaign and contacted mountain rescue teams, friends and family.

More than 120 people and two drones answered the call to find the stranded pooches on the Red Pike fell near Buttermere, Cumbria.

After 96 hours of searching, as a last resort the family decided to cook sausages at the spot where the dogs were last seen.

Miniature schnauzers Charlie and Theo were missing for four days after vanishing in thick fog as they were out for a walk CREDIT: CATERS NEWS AGENCY

Mr and Mrs Hampson were shocked and thrilled when moments later, their beloved pets appeared.

Mrs Hamson said: "When they first appeared it was like a mirage. I could not believe it was them.

"They absolutely love sausages. They have them every Sunday for breakfast, so if there was one food they were going to come back for, it was sausages.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/28/lost-dogs-return-home-owners-cook-sausages-near-went-missing/

@Freya
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Love the happy ending.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I know dogs love snausages. I didn't know they also like sausages
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Millee

Jimmy Dean should make a cute commercial out of this story.   ^-^

Offline verga

Almost word for word what happened with me. I was about 10 years old and decided to run away, my mother cooked sausages and I decided to stick around.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Suppressed

Almost word for word what happened with me. I was about 10 years old and decided to run away, my mother cooked sausages and I decided to stick around.

LOL!  I'm picturing that!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn