Author Topic: Condoleezza Rice: Trump stands for American values and seeks to act in the best interests of the US  (Read 1330 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Condoleezza Rice: Trump stands for American values and seeks to act in the best interests of the US

President Trump may sound different than other presidents, but he puts the nation first, the former secretary of State argues.
    Rice expects Trump to forge alliances around the world and with Democrats at home.
    Russia, in the context of the election meddling, needs to be viewed as a "hostile power," Rice says.

Matthew J. Belvedere   | @Matt_Belvedere

Condoleezza Rice: Trump may sound different but puts America first 
4 Hours Ago | 02:48

President Donald Trump may sound different than other presidents, but he believes in American values and tries to act in the best interest of the United States, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told CNBC on Wednesday.

"I believe every president of the United States stands for our values," said Rice, who served as secretary of State and national security advisor during the presidency of George W. Bush. "You heard President Trump say, for instance, after the Syrian chemical attack, we can't let that stand. What he was saying was the president of the United States can't let that stand."

From the sidelines of the KPMG Women's PGA Championship and KPMG Women's Leadership Summit at the Olympia Fields Country Club in Illinois, Rice said on "Squawk Box" Trump knows the importance of alliances and expects him to forge ties with Democracies around the world.

Continued: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/28/condoleezza-rice-president-donald-trump-stands-for-american-values.html

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What Ms. Rice said is indisputable.   

But, 'Time is of the Essence'.   

Unless Trump continues to go ROCKY on CNN, thus getting the rest of the msm to...stop the BS, I'm afraid we don't have enough voters on our side if they get every college-aged to 40 year old's with shared hatred of all things Trump, to the voting booth.

That means he needs to erase all the evil already in place, in 18 months.

Because after that, the Presidential Veto will be all he's got.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

You believe Obama stood for our values, @DCPatriot?!?

Wow, I'm in total disagreement.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

So how come she voted for Obama?   

Online DCPatriot

You believe Obama stood for our values, @DCPatriot?!?

Wow, I'm in total disagreement.

Troll much?   :laugh:

Merely agreeing with her assessment of President Trump.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Troll much?   :laugh:

Merely agreeing with her assessment of President Trump.

Condoleezza Rice has her opinion which is fine.  It is no secret that 'they' are railroading this President.  No wall, and so far no repeal of Bammycare ... unless these promises are fuflilled he will lose re-election.  That's what he proclaimed from the very beginning.  He shouted it from the rooftop loud and clear from day one ... he needs to deliver.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

But, 'Time is of the Essence'.   

Unless Trump continues to go ROCKY on CNN, thus getting the rest of the msm to...stop the BS, I'm afraid we don't have enough voters on our side if they get every college-aged to 40 year old's with shared hatred of all things Trump, to the voting booth.

That means he needs to erase all the evil already in place, in 18 months.

Because after that, the Presidential Veto will be all he's got.

Typically, anti-establishment figures get co-opted by the establishment long before their first re-election.  I'll cite Rubio as an example.  President Trump might have less time than you think.  I'll know it is getting close when I see Trump supporters defending establishment figures who say stuff like "I believe every president of the United States stands for our values."

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Condoleezza Rice has her opinion which is fine.  It is no secret that 'they' are railroading this President.  No wall, and so far no repeal of Bammycare ... unless these promises are fuflilled he will lose re-election.  That's what he proclaimed from the very beginning.  He shouted it from the rooftop loud and clear from day one ... he needs to deliver.

Perhaps.  I'm not sure if what was really important was what he shouted, or that he was shouting.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DCPatriot

Typically, anti-establishment figures get co-opted by the establishment long before their first re-election.  I'll cite Rubio as an example.  President Trump might have less time than you think.  I'll know it is getting close when I see Trump supporters defending establishment figures who say stuff like "I believe every president of the United States stands for our values."

I've a uneasy feeling about the future of health-care for Americans.

Tax cuts are coming.  As is another Supreme Court justice. 

But not outright repealing Obamacare could put a damper on our enthusiasm.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
So how come she voted for Obama?   
Surely you will provide the proof of that claim. I am highly doubtful you can, though.

What she did say:

"And as secretary of state, I'm going to keep my partisan or non-partisan views to myself on that. But I think all Americans were taken with the fact that we were able, after the long history that we've been through, that initial birth defect of slavery that we elected an African American."

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2008/12/condoleezza-rice-is-asked-about-widely.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

After this morning's deranged tweets from the president I do wonder if Dr. Rice still proclaims that DT represents America's values.

Offline Night Hides Not

After this morning's deranged tweets from the president I do wonder if Dr. Rice still proclaims that DT represents America's values.

Judging by thread comments on TOS, Trump supporters thought those comments were great.   :3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

I think we all agree that Republicans have NEVER stood up and pushed back on the adversarial media.

Like it's some unwritten 'Commandment' that fighting back is verboten.

It's not even 'who could do it successfully...', but rather 'who would/could do it?'  PERIOD!

Not Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan...even with your lying eyes.

The entire global media is talking about President Trump's tweets this morning.

The more people that tune in...the more they end up appreciating Donald Trump, as POTUS.

...for MSNBC is like the scorpion crossing the river on the frog's back.   It can't help itself.    :laugh:

Offline Night Hides Not

I think we all agree that Republicans have NEVER stood up and pushed back on the adversarial media.

Like it's some unwritten 'Commandment' that fighting back is verboten.

It's not even 'who could do it successfully...', but rather 'who would/could do it?'  PERIOD!

Not Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan...even with your lying eyes.

The entire global media is talking about President Trump's tweets this morning.

The more people that tune in...the more they end up appreciating Donald Trump, as POTUS.

...for MSNBC is like the scorpion crossing the river on the frog's back.   It can't help itself.    :laugh:

I'm all for fighting back, Reagan knew how to do it. Trump's denigrating the Office of the Presidency by these personal insults.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

So you're saying that Reagan managed to get a lot accomplished without pushing back?

Great point...  Though I think your memory is flawed, I'll let you argue the point that belligerent confrontation isn't necessary. 

But remember, this is the guy who faced comments like:
"So I think [Reagan] is going to have to pass two or three tests. The first is, will he get there, stand in front of the podium, and not drool?" -- Sam Donaldson
...and though he didn't act like the rear end of a donkey, he still pushed back.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

I'm all for fighting back, Reagan knew how to do it. Trump's denigrating the Office of the Presidency by these personal insults.

I submit that the Leftist Media Complex denigrates "the Office of the Presidency" by their 24/7 attack on the President, with their manufactured, fake news based upon anonymous sources.   I REQUIRES this type of response.

This is an entirely different nation today than it was back in the 70's-80's

One only has to look at what passes for pop music today...hip hop..compared to the music/bands/disco back then...ah, but that's for another thread.

I love it.   In one corner, the people that buy their ink by the barrel.   In the other corner, an anything but docile victim/target with the ability to get the entire global media to use 'that' ink covering this bullshit.

It may be a "...Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world", but we have a POTUS with tens of millions of follows on social media.

Trump has already destroyed CNN.   Now he's focusing on these two inbreds.     "Low I.Q. Crazy Mika, and Psycho Joe"    ROFL!!!    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

So you're saying that Reagan managed to get a lot accomplished without pushing back?

Great point...  Though I think your memory is flawed, I'll let you argue the point that belligerent confrontation isn't necessary. 

But remember, this is the guy who faced comments like: ...and though he didn't act like the rear end of a donkey, he still pushed back.

The only connection between Reagan and Trump is one of appeal.  Both are/were globally known before entering political office.

That appeal translates to a voter base...the likes that one would NEVER switch their allegiance/support.

And furthermore....how in the hell do you know if Nancy or Ronnie wouldn't have utilized social media back then?

Moral Equivalency shouldn't even apply here.

We have a POTUS who, regardless of gender, will rip your face off and show it to you....if you lie and/or defame him.

it's a new day!