Author Topic: Best states for concealed carry — ranked worst to first  (Read 2142 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Best states for concealed carry — ranked worst to first
« on: June 28, 2017, 01:50:37 pm »

The Washington Times

Concealed carry regulations vary widely across the country. Guns & Ammo magazine looked at the most up-to-date laws in each of the 50 states, plus the District of Columbia, and ranked the states from worst to first. Criteria included ease of acquiring a concealed carry permit, costs associated with licensure, training hours required and reciprocity with other states.

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/best-concealed-carry-handgun-states-ranked/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Best states for concealed carry — ranked worst to first
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »
Is there a list somewhere, without clicking on each of the 52 pages.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 02:02:28 pm »

Find it and post it. I'll take a look. I kind of enjoyed clicking through the list. Makes it more interactive. But to each his own.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »
I see no real surprises here. The Northeast and far west are terrible and the South and Southwest are best. Texas is going up as our fees have been dropped again this year. Constitutional carry coming very soon I predict.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 02:25:54 pm »

This appears to be based upon this list (single page):

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 02:48:09 pm »
As is usual with these ratings, they don't provide an accurate view because of the info they choose to include or exclude and often not true.

I would rank Michigan among the 10 best for concealed carry but the article falsely claims that we can't carry concealed in restaurants. Restaurants are private and many do indeed allow concealed or open carry. I'm not sure about for profit vs public hospitals. I know the for profit health care facility I work in doesn't allow guns. (At the very least they should allow armed security)

Michigan is the home of Kroger who took the right side in a very public fight over guns in their stores. We can carry in our state capitol building and in a twist concealed carriers can carry in schools but must carry openly. You can open carry without a permit in Michigan. Counties and cities can't impose ordinances or laws that conflict with the state on guns.

On the basic 2nd amendment question I would rank us among the best with constitutional carry on the horizon.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 03:17:59 pm »
This appears to be based upon this list (single page):

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/
Just to update New Hampshire on that list . Our new gop-e Gov. Sununu signed permitless carry this year.
 :beer:. And we have always had open carry.