Author Topic: Security Footage Shows Robbers Forcing Homeowner To Open His Gun Safe And It Costs Them Their Lives  (Read 7388 times)

Offline thackney

So that is a push-button combination of four in sequence? is that how it works? That's alright... but only 16 possible combinations, right? That's not real good.

More combinations as each entry can be one or more buttons pushed simultaneously, up to 6 different entry.  Entry meaning button combination. 

Example
1&4
1&2&3&4
2&3
unlock

Some will lock access after enough false entries. 
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

More combinations as each entry can be one or more buttons pushed simultaneously, up to 6 different entry.  Entry meaning button combination. 

Some will lock access after enough false entries.

Oh, that's way better. BUT, it must then be electronic, and must have a chip and a bios, so what is so different between that and a simple thumb-print reader? Not trying to be combative - an honest question...

Offline thackney

Oh, that's way better. BUT, it must then be electronic, and must have a chip and a bios, so what is so different between that and a simple thumb-print reader? Not trying to be combative - an honest question...

My experience with fingerprint readers have had a failure rate much higher than I would accept for accessing my weapon.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:55:56 pm by thackney »

Online roamer_1

My experience with fingerprint readers have had a failure rate much higher than I would accept for accessing my weapon.

I dunno that playing a tune on buttons is going to be all that much more reliable - four points of failure instead of one... Ever had the 'M' go out on your keyboard? Jussayin.

Offline thackney

I dunno that playing a tune on buttons is going to be all that much more reliable - four points of failure instead of one... Ever had the 'M' go out on your keyboard? Jussayin.

I've got a whole lot of keys on my laptop and one fingerprinter reader.  After a couple years, only the fingerprint reader has failed, and on a frequent basis.

Imagine having mud, oil or blood on your finger when you might want to access your gun?  A cut?

Online roamer_1

I've got a whole lot of keys on my laptop and one fingerprinter reader.  After a couple years, only the fingerprint reader has failed, and on a frequent basis.

Imagine having mud, oil or blood on your finger when you might want to access your gun?  A cut?

Right... all I am saying is none of it is the access I have now (which is wide open)... I just know the time the thing will fail is when I need it not to...

I dunno. That's why it's a touchy thing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right... all I am saying is none of it is the access I have now (which is wide open)... I just know the time the thing will fail is when I need it not to...

I dunno. That's why it's a touchy thing.
Kinda where I'm at, too. Every gadget I ever met has a critical detector in it, that determines how bad you need it to work and performs in inverse proportion to that need.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Kinda where I'm at, too. Every gadget I ever met has a critical detector in it, that determines how bad you need it to work and performs in inverse proportion to that need.

... Which is why I stayed with a colt 45 almost all my life... outside of bad ammo, it just has to go bang. still sketchy about this 1911 semi auto thingy... Only other time I ever owned one was the only time I REALLY needed to kill a griz... and it stove-piped. 6 fer shers are worth more than 8 maybes...

Offline Smokin Joe

... Which is why I stayed with a colt 45 almost all my life... outside of bad ammo, it just has to go bang. still sketchy about this 1911 semi auto thingy... Only other time I ever owned one was the only time I REALLY needed to kill a griz... and it stove-piped. 6 fer shers are worth more than 8 maybes...
I'm a little of a gadget freak when it comes to guns, can't help it. But my main carry piece is dead on reliable, and the wheel gun I'd pack in the boonies is, too. I enjoy the others, but there are only three I carry, one open, two not.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I'm a little of a gadget freak when it comes to guns, can't help it. But my main carry piece is dead on reliable, and the wheel gun I'd pack in the boonies is, too. I enjoy the others, but there are only three I carry, one open, two not.

Other than a matched pair of nickel Glock 9s' in shoulder holsters (I almost kinda won them in a crazy good deal) which I never use, and I have never even shot (though they'd be sweet if I ever own a suit again), I don't have anything but utility.

I am somewhat the opposite of you in that.
But, If I can stomach this 1911 and get to where I like it, I have no doubt I will be going to a S&W MP and Shield... That's where I want to go... They shoot like budda, and they fit my hand. The 1911 is just a practice run before I shell out the money for the big show.

I get it, and I can change... if I have to.

I just have magic with an old Colt. I don't even hardly have to aim. It's been a piece of me for so long, it is just second nature. That's hard to give up.

I'm kinda stuck with it now.... I already cut up my rocker holster and refit it to the Rock Island.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Other than a matched pair of nickel Glock 9s' in shoulder holsters (I almost kinda won them in a crazy good deal) which I never use, and I have never even shot (though they'd be sweet if I ever own a suit again), I don't have anything but utility.

I am somewhat the opposite of you in that.
But, If I can stomach this 1911 and get to where I like it, I have no doubt I will be going to a S&W MP and Shield... That's where I want to go... They shoot like budda, and they fit my hand. The 1911 is just a practice run before I shell out the money for the big show.

I get it, and I can change... if I have to.

I just have magic with an old Colt. I don't even hardly have to aim. It's been a piece of me for so long, it is just second nature. That's hard to give up.

I'm kinda stuck with it now.... I already cut up my rocker holster and refit it to the Rock Island.

I like the S&W Shield a lot! My daughter has one and I have used it quite a bit but personally concealed carry a Springfield XDS which is 100% reliable with  Federal HST ammo which BTW is the ONLY ammo anyone should be using in a carry gun with a barrel less than 4" long.

My open carry piece is a CZ75B with Speer Gold dots.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

I like the S&W Shield a lot! My daughter has one and I have used it quite a bit but personally concealed carry a Springfield XDS which is 100% reliable with  Federal HST ammo which BTW is the ONLY ammo anyone should be using in a carry gun with a barrel less than 4" long.

My open carry piece is a CZ75B with Speer Gold dots.

I like a punt gun for open carry, 2 gauge.

[/sarc]

Online roamer_1

Less concerned with the Shield than the full size MP... I like the pair for interchangeability - which I know, is limited and incidental, but that is better than none...

But that full size flat rocks for me... a friggin work of art.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Less concerned with the Shield than the full size MP... I like the pair for interchangeability - which I know, is limited and incidental, but that is better than none...

But that full size flat rocks for me... a friggin work of art.

Although they have always made fine wheel guns, I never much cared for their semi autos until they came out with that M&P line!  Love those!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

I'm trying to decide between my 1911 and my new Sig as to which I'll carry concealed.  I'm leaning towards the 1911 because of the narrower profile.

I've decided that my .38 is going to be my bedside gun.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm trying to decide between my 1911 and my new Sig as to which I'll carry concealed.  I'm leaning towards the 1911 because of the narrower profile.

I've decided that my .38 is going to be my bedside gun.
Not counting the .38 (parka pocket gun for winter), I carry the .45 or the P228, the latter because I like having more rounds in the mag, the former because it is slimmer and packs a wallop. Open carry, it's a Super Blackhawk in a cowboy rig, but that's in the boonies.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:14:07 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis