Author Topic: WATCH: AMAZING THING HAPPENED When H.S. Valedictorian Stepped Up To Podium After ATHEIST Group Told Grads They Could No Longer Recite The Lord’s Prayer  (Read 1566 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

By 100% FED Up
Jun 27, 2017

When an atheist Wisconsin group stuck its nose into the graduation ceremony of a small Ohio high school, they didn’t exactly get what they demanded…

A 70-year tradition at East Liverpool High School was removed from the graduation ceremony, but students weren’t letting it go easily.

(video)
http://100percentfedup.com/watch-amazing-thing-happened-h-s-valedictorian-stepped-podium-atheist-group-told-grads-no-longer-recite-lords-prayer/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I was struck by how cowardly the school administration was.

"Uh yeah, Ok. Someone doesn't want us to do it, then we just won't do it anymore. duuuh"

What kind of person do you have to be to duck for cover every time someone yells, BOO!
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

What kind of person do you have to be to duck for cover every time someone yells, BOO!

That's a rhetorical question..right?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I was struck by how cowardly the school administration was.

"Uh yeah, Ok. Someone doesn't want us to do it, then we just won't do it anymore. duuuh"

I don't blame them. Remember, public entities, especially those money pits we call public schools, have no source of revenue other than taxes. If they lose, taxpayers get the shaft.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
FFRF, by the way, is probably one of the nastiest, most hateful, most obnoxious and most evangelistic of all the prominent atheist groups out there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't blame them. Remember, public entities, especially those money pits we call public schools, have no source of revenue other than taxes. If they lose, taxpayers get the shaft.

Maybe so. But it is a 70 year old tradition at this school. They have a very good case. I think I would go for it. Until people start standing up to the Leftist thugs, they will only get bolder and bolder and nastier.

Someone has to take a stand. And the fact that Trump is in office doesn't hurt. Now may be the right time to do it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Wingnut

If there was ever a group of people more deserving of a sudden visit from the angel of death it is that bunch from Wisconsin, the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

Offline the_doc

They were still cowards.  Groups like the ACLJ would have taken their case pro bono and won hands-down.  They win cases like this one all the time. 

We need better school administrators.  Almost all of them are pathetic in our day.  (The protesting organization destroys its own case against the school by the very name of their organization.  They are confessing that that want freedom from religion, which is a flagrantly anti-Constitutional stance.  The graduating class's refusal to submit to the bullying threats of America-hating radicals amounts to a completely proper assertion of the First Amendment.)

Silver Pines

This is the kind of outcome that needs to happen in these cases.  Never mind the craven bureaucrats.  The individuals involved should just say they're going to practice their freedom of religion no matter who has a problem with it, and then do it.  Shut up these yammering ankle biters by plowing right over them.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

By 100% FED Up
Jun 27, 2017

When an atheist Wisconsin group stuck its nose into the graduation ceremony of a small Ohio high school, they didn’t exactly get what they demanded…

A 70-year tradition at East Liverpool High School was removed from the graduation ceremony, but students weren’t letting it go easily.

(video)
http://100percentfedup.com/watch-amazing-thing-happened-h-s-valedictorian-stepped-podium-atheist-group-told-grads-no-longer-recite-lords-prayer/
What a weasly attempt of being a human being that head of the school board is.  He needs to be removed immediately.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That is no excuse whatsoever.

Like saying "we cannot play football anymore as we cannot afford the light bill."

Do you think all those parents and students did not want to fight the idiocy?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline cammie

This was last year - I remember it from last graduation season.  Wonder what they did this year.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This was last year - I remember it from last graduation season.  Wonder what they did this year.

Oh.  Any way you could find out what they did this year?

Offline Applewood

So what did these extortionists do about this?  How is the school liable?  What did these criminals expect the school administrators do?  Tape the kids' mouths shut? Will they sue the whole graduating class?

These criminals should be put out of business.

Silver Pines

@cammie, welcome to TBR.

Increasingly scaring FR?  Good grief, I thought it was as bad as it could get, lol. 

Offline thackney

@cammie, welcome to TBR.

Increasingly scaring FR?  Good grief, I thought it was as bad as it could get, lol.

If they are actually maiming people now, it has gone further downhill from the insult level.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Wingnut

Oh.  Any way you could find out what they did this year?

@Sanguine

I searched and found 2 youtube vids posted of this past May 2017 Graduation.  Both were over 90 minutes long.   That is 89 min longer than my attention span....on a good day.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:40:09 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I searched and found 2 youtube vids posted of this past May 2017 Graduation.  Both were over 90 minutes long.   That is 89 min longer than my attention span....on a good day.

Well, I appreciate your diligence.  Sounds like it wasn't compelling enough for a news story either.

Offline cammie

@cammie, welcome to TBR.

I've been here for a while now...I've had that on my profile for perhaps too long :)

Offline libertybele

Well, I appreciate your diligence.  Sounds like it wasn't compelling enough for a news story either.

Yes.  The East Liverpool, Ohio 2017 graduation class DID recite "The Lord's Prayer"! ( at about 10 minutes and 50 seconds) into the video :0001:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAzQr5JSNI
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:38:18 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes.  The East Liverpool, Ohio 2017 graduation class DID recite "The Lord's Prayer"! ( at about 10 minutes and 50 seconds) into the video :0001:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAzQr5JSNI

:amen:

Thanks for following that up!