Author Topic: Trump's Company Gets Millions So Toronto Hotel Can Erase Brand  (Read 329 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump's Company Gets Millions So Toronto Hotel Can Erase Brand
By Katia Dmitrieva
June 27, 2017, 9:08 AM EDT June 27, 2017, 10:52 AM EDT
  • Marriott’s St. Regis seen as front runner to manage property
  • Breakup fee for switching brand said to be at least $6 million
Donald Trump’s business will be paid millions of dollars to release the owner of a Toronto hotel complex from using his name.

JCF Capital ULC, the closely held U.S. firm that owns the Trump International Hotel & Tower in the city’s downtown business district, reached a buyout deal to exit the contracts with the Trump Organization’s hotel unit, the companies said Tuesday in a statement. While no breakup fee was disclosed, the amount was at least $6 million, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. Signage may be removed from the 65-story tower as soon as Aug. 1, said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing confidential details.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-27/trump-hotel-owner-in-toronto-reaches-deal-to-remove-trump-brand
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump's Company Gets Millions So Toronto Hotel Can Erase Brand
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:29:18 pm »
HA! ANOTHER LEAK!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis