Author Topic: Passed my CCW Class  (Read 5142 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Passed my CCW Class
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 02:28:53 pm »
I'll try and remember to take a look at the manufacturer tonite when I get home.

You might want to be careful about taking liberties with a woman's purse.  That goes double if she's packing.  :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »
You might want to be careful about taking liberties with a woman's purse.  That goes double if she's packing.  :laugh:

I learned that lesson a LONG time ago from my mom...still treat my wife's purse like there's a big ol bear trap inside that will bite me if I reach in it.

I will carefully observe the manufacturers tag on the outside of the purse from a safe distance.  :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 02:38:14 pm »
I learned that lesson a LONG time ago from my mom...still treat my wife's purse like there's a big ol bear trap inside that will bite me if I reach in it.

I will carefully observe the manufacturers tag on the outside of the purse from a safe distance.  :silly:

Perfect!  I didn't want to be responsible for any domestic violence incidents ...
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 02:42:00 pm »

That and they are like a blackhole.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »
Thanks.  I was just curious -- my favorite Gun Toten' Mama purse is wearing out and I'm going to be in the market soon.

Have you checked out The Well Armed Woman?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 04:21:34 pm »
"A couple of people...the ones that had bought their gun just to attend this class had trouble hitting a man sized silhouette at 7 yards...one lady put two round out of two magazines in the black...you need to hit 11 out of 20 to pass the range portion of the test."

Many people, maybe most, do not know how to hit a target.  You must keep your eye on the target, not the gun.  If you eye wavers off the target, you likely will not hit it.

You can practice by throwing a wad of paper into a trash can.  If you keep your eye on the trash can, you will likely hit it.  If you don't keep your eye there but look at the wad of paper when you throw, you will likely miss.

Two real life instances:
I was going fishing with my husband and he said I should practice outside with my rod and reel before we went.  I said I didn't need to do that.  We got to the lake, and he showed me a spot where fish would be.  He said, "You are not going to hit it because you didn't practice."  I threw the line out and it landed directly where he said.  He said, "Damn, I had to practice a long time before I hit anything."  It was eye on the target that guided that line.

I went to a gun range with my son and his wife.  I was in my early fifties and that was my first time at a gun range.  I had an old Colt 35 revolver.  I raised the gun, used the gun sight to find the spot in the middle of the target, kept my eye on it and pulled the trigger.  It went in the center of the target.  My daughter-in-law said, "She shoots better than I do and we go all the time!"  She was not happy with my performance.

Keep your eye on the target.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 04:42:47 pm »
I learned that lesson a LONG time ago from my mom...still treat my wife's purse like there's a big ol bear trap inside that will bite me if I reach in it.  I will carefully observe the manufacturers tag on the outside of the purse from a safe distance.  :silly:
@txradioguy

My "gun purse" is fairly large - Got it at Sam Moons which has many hundreds/likely a thousand, of purses that are cheap - can you say "China"?  I paid in the $20s for this purse. It's a cowboy ornate looking purse, with an American Indian design on one side with a very large metal ornate silver cross on it.  On the other side of the purse, is a zipper to the gun compartment.  It would hold a fairly large gun.  Fits my Ruger 38 special easily with room to spare. 

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 05:02:13 pm »
Have you checked out The Well Armed Woman?

Yes!  I got a purse from there a few years back.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 05:07:48 pm »
@txradioguy

My "gun purse" is fairly large - Got it at Sam Moons which has many hundreds/likely a thousand, of purses that are cheap - can you say "China"?  I paid in the $20s for this purse. It's a cowboy ornate looking purse, with an American Indian design on one side with a very large metal ornate silver cross on it.  On the other side of the purse, is a zipper to the gun compartment.  It would hold a fairly large gun.  Fits my Ruger 38 special easily with room to spare.

Wow. Yeah, I paid quite a bit more than that for mine, and it hurt my frugal little soul!!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 11:12:18 pm »
@txradioguy

@Victoria33 @Polly Ticks my wife's purse is made by Damsel In Defense
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:00 am »
@Victoria33 @Polly Ticks my wife's purse is made by Damsel In Defense

That's a new one for me.  Thank you -- I will check it out!