Author Topic: Obamas under fire from the left for never ending, sizzling ultra-luxury vacations  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Obamas under fire from the left for never ending, sizzling ultra-luxury vacations
Fox News/Politics, Jun 27, 2017,  Christopher Wallace

The Democratic base is growing increasingly frustrated with former President Barack Obama’s actions after leaving office, including a seemingly endless tour of millionaire and billionaire luxury retreats, according to Democrats and activists contacted by Fox News.

Ex-presidents, understandably and un-controversially, go on vacations immediately after leaving office. But the level of luxury the Obamas enjoy on their vacations is unprecedented for a modern-day president, say travel experts.

<snip>

“These trips are like the lifestyles of the rich and famous,” said Democratic strategist Pat Caddell. The former adviser to ex-President Jimmy Carter believes that President Obama’s vacations are unprecedented, and a far cry from how Carter spent his first few months out of office.

“I think the Bernie Sanders wing of the party, when they see President Obama, whom they instinctively want to defend being the corporatist president, I think it makes the base uneasy,” said Caddell.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/27/obamas-under-fire-from-left-for-never-ending-sizzling-ultra-luxury-vacations.html

Where have these democrat activists been for the past eight years??   :laugh:

Offline Night Hides Not

These activists are showing their bravery, by remaining unnamed sources. Until I see names, this is fake news. Pat Caddell has been upfront in his criticism of Hillary and Obama for years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He's doing exactly what I said he would do. That is, spend the rest of his life stoned out of his head and on vacation. That is what he always wanted. He never gave a damn about being President. He always wanted the perqs without the work. And now he has that.

That's why I always laughed when people were talking about Obama's "shadow government". Nonsense. He barely had a shadow government when he was President. Why would he have one now? LoL

Obama is a slacker stoner man-child. If the Left is finally realizing that, then better late than never. I guess?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
He's doing exactly what I said he would do. That is, spend the rest of his life stoned out of his head and on vacation. That is what he always wanted. He never gave a damn about being President. He always wanted the perqs without the work. And now he has that.

That's why I always laughed when people were talking about Obama's "shadow government". Nonsense. He barely had a shadow government when he was President. Why would he have one now? LoL

Obama is a slacker stoner man-child. If the Left is finally realizing that, then better late than never. I guess?

IMO he was & is the perfect puppet.   Thats why people like Soros loved him so much.   

He's still useful in that regard so hopefully he stays on vacation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online andy58-in-nh

Fun times in Indonesia - Obama on a Bali high. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:35:57 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Where have these democrat activists been for the past eight years??

No kidding.  I don't see how this is any different than his time in office.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He is raising his kids to flaunt it and forget the little people who made it possible that they are awash in money and pleasures.

Those two kids will make even Chelsea seem to be a decent human being.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Millee

As long as taxpayers are no longer funding his play time, I don't give a rip what he does.  Go away and stay away. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As long as taxpayers are no longer funding his play time, I don't give a rip what he does.  Go away and stay away.

We are supporting it.  He gets a retirement salary and lifetime Secret Service protection.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We are supporting it.  He gets a retirement salary and lifetime Secret Service protection.
Yeah, but they bagged a ridiculous amount of money while he was in office. The retirement salary is pocket change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

He is raising his kids to flaunt it and forget the little people who made it possible that they are awash in money and pleasures.

Those two kids will make even Chelsea seem to be a decent human being.

In some ways I feel sorry for the daughters. They are being raised to be entitled -- that everyone owes them something.  Someday, Mommy and Daddy won't be around to coddle them.  They will be out in the real world totally unprepared to live on their own.  I have visions of one or both daughters becoming another statistic -- broke, on public assistance, perhaps raising kids as single parents and maybe even on drugs.    IMHO, their upbringing borders on child abuse and neglect.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
These activists are showing their bravery, by remaining unnamed sources. Until I see names, this is fake news. Pat Caddell has been upfront in his criticism of Hillary and Obama for years.

Pat Caddell is my favorite Democrat.  I'll never forget his talking about politics and Family.  The gist of it was ... don't let political differences alienate you from your family.  He still regrets not speaking to his parents for two years over the Viet Nam War.

I try to remember that all the time with my own family and friends.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
In some ways I feel sorry for the daughters. They are being raised to be entitled -- that everyone owes them something.  Someday, Mommy and Daddy won't be around to coddle them.  They will be out in the real world totally unprepared to live on their own.  I have visions of one or both daughters becoming another statistic -- broke, on public assistance, perhaps raising kids as single parents and maybe even on drugs.    IMHO, their upbringing borders on child abuse and neglect.

Yes.  The sullen expressions the daughters always seem to have resembles that of street kids instead of the entitled rich gals they are.

Offline Polly Ticks

We might as well get used to this now.  Does anyone really expect the Trumps will quietly sit at home once he is no longer president?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Meh.... Obama's State Department 'lost' $6 Billion!

Additionally, you don't think he got a percentage of every dollar 'donated' to the Clinton Foundation?

He's flouting it...

...while he can.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Right_in_Virginia they were too busy riding the Obama coat tails which stopped abruptly when their term in office was (mercifully) over and Big Ears had no use for them anymore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meh.... Obama's State Department 'lost' $6 Billion!

Additionally, you don't think he got a percentage of every dollar 'donated' to the Clinton Foundation?

He's flouting it...

...while he can.

@DCPatriot he'll rub his wealth in peoples faces for decades to come.  Just like the Clintons did/do.  It's the Liberal way.  Their mindset is they are the only ones that should have wealth and that the rest of us should work to ensure they maintain their high standard of living as a reward for doing so much for the working class.

(do I even need to add a /sarc tag? LOL!)
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We might as well get used to this now.  Does anyone really expect the Trumps will quietly sit at home once he is no longer president?

Excuse me, we are abusing Obama right now and rightly so.  You'll have to wait a few years to abuse Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Just because the Braves are only 9 back in the lost-column....don't get carried away.    :laugh:

Trump's had his wealth and his lifestyle.   Barry lacks the resume, but lives large.   Too large, from where he came from a short time ago.

in any event, the thread is about Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

Excuse me, we are abusing Obama right now and rightly so.  You'll have to wait a few years to abuse Trump.

You are excused, although I am not "abusing" anyone. 

I am stating that if someone thinks it is ok for Trump to take luxury vacations following his presidency, then it is disingenuous to complain about Obama doing the same.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

Just because the Braves are only 9 back in the lost-column....don't get carried away.    :laugh:

Hey, I actually got to go to the Braves games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and they won them all.  I had to go back home on Sunday and they lost again.  I'm thinking I must be their good-luck charm and they should pay me to come to all their games, just in case!   :laugh:

Trump's had his wealth and his lifestyle.   Barry lacks the resume, but lives large.   Too large, from where he came from a short time ago.

I honestly don't see the difference.  Whether you come from old money or new money, you expect to enjoy the things that it provides. 

Obama disgusts me on many different levels, but it is silly to criticize him for something if you wouldn't criticize Trump for doing the exact same thing.

Go Braves!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You are excused, although I am not "abusing" anyone. 

I am stating that if someone thinks it is ok for Trump to take luxury vacations following his presidency, then it is disingenuous to complain about Obama doing the same.

No, it is not.  Obama is already taking luxury vacations with money he skimmed from Americans and which still cost us in the Secret Service protection he enjoys.

As far as Trump is concerned, he has never taken a lot of vacations... usually preferring Trump Towers or Mar-a-Lago.

I just find it a little tack that someone would take a pre-emptive strike on Trump when we are trying to criticize Obama.

Offline Polly Ticks

No, it is not.  Obama is already taking luxury vacations with money he skimmed from Americans and which still cost us in the Secret Service protection he enjoys.

As far as Trump is concerned, he has never taken a lot of vacations... usually preferring Trump Towers or Mar-a-Lago.

I just find it a little tack that someone would take a pre-emptive strike on Trump when we are trying to criticize Obama.

And I find it tacky that someone would complain about a 'pre-emptive strike on Trump' where none was intended, so I guess we all have our crosses to bear.  The topic under discussion is ultra-luxury vacations.  You may limit your own discussion as you see fit, but I am not similarly constrained.

The fact remains that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. 

Meanwhile, I have a conference call to host so feel free to snark to your heart's content.

.../ I just find it a little tack that someone would take a pre-emptive strike on Trump when we are trying to criticize Obama.

I hate when this happens @Emjay .... It's hard to get a good tear going on Obama around here these days.   :laugh: