Author Topic: Random thoughts on the Supreme Court decision yesterday….  (Read 238 times)

rangerrebew

Random thoughts on the Supreme Court decision yesterday….

Posted by Ann Corcoran on June 27, 2017

See my post yesterday immediately following the surprising announcement by the Supreme Court on the Trump ‘travel ban’ from six terror-producing countries and the ceiling/moratorium on refugee resettlement across all countries and ethnic groups.

This morning I thought I might find an article or two that sounded reasonably informed about what is going to happen in the coming days and weeks.  I didn’t find anything (yet) that looks very useful. Everyone seems confused.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/random-thoughts-on-the-supreme-court-decision-yesterday/
There is an LA Times story with a juicy nugget where they say 50,500 refugees (yikes!) are waiting in the wings from the six targeted ‘travel ban’ countries. And, a Buffalo News story is representative of the myriad stories from across the country where refugee contractors are scratching their heads about what it all means for them.  Those that get mostly refugees with “family ties” believe they will be getting their full quotas of paying clients.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:29:23 pm by rangerrebew »