Author Topic: President Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Exchange Hugs and Herald Stronger Ties  (Read 397 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
President Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Exchange Hugs and Herald Stronger Ties
Matthew Pennington and Jill Colvin / AP
9:49 PM ET

(WASHINGTON) — Hugging outside the White House Monday, President Donald Trump and India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi heralded an increasingly close strategic partnership as the U.S. branded a top militant from neighboring Pakistan as a "global terrorist."

Trump declared he was "true friend" of India and said relations between the two largest democracies have never been better. But there were some tensions in the inaugural meeting between the two populist leaders. On trade, Trump demanded fewer barriers for American companies exporting to India.

Speaking in the Rose Garden after their talks, Trump said: "Both our nations have been struck by the evils of terrorism, and we are both determined to destroy terrorist organizations and the radical ideology that drives them. We will destroy radical Islamic terrorism."

Read more at: http://time.com/4834269/donald-trump-narendra-modi-pakistan/

There must have been a thread on this somewhere.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think the hug surprised the President at first 

But he recovered quickly   ^-^

Offline Frank Cannon

I'd be creeped out by some dirty old man trying to hug me too. Modi is garbage.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The two met, a foreign head-of-state was mainly why I posted the article. I'm not real concerned about the 'hugs' but fair enough, it is in the headline.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'd be creeped out by some dirty old man trying to hug me too. Modi is garbage.

Modi is a radical Hindu engaged in instituting economic genocide on the low castes in India.

His remonetization of all major low denominations of rupees have taken a cash-based society, and is forcing it into a cashless one.  This is decimating the lower castes who survive off of begging, and menial jobs such as excrement cleaning and handling the dead.

Modi has been systematically shutting down and expelling any and all Western charity/medical or other support for low castes out of India.  His argument is that he seeks to return India to a pure Hindu state - and that populism has driven Hindus into mob actions against Muslims and Christians inside India. 

I could go on, but the face India puts on for the world is not the face that exists at home in their country.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The two met, a foreign head-of-state was mainly why I posted the article. I'm not real concerned about the 'hugs' but fair enough, it is in the headline.

Well @TomSea ... sorry if you're not concerned about the hugs ... but it's a big story in India and within Indian communities in the US (especially NJ).  This is seen as something very genuine and encouraging there, which may be why it's in the headline.