Author Topic: Liberal Critic Of Islam: Female Democratic Senators Wouldn't Even Look Us In The Eye  (Read 495 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
June 26, 2017

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) was seen as a liberal hero after GOP senator interrupted her during the testimony of Attorney General Jeff Sessions. It was seen as yet another example of sexist Republicans; the favorite red meat of the progressive left. Yet, when Asra Nomani and Ayaan Hirsi Ali testified before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on the Islamism this month, not a single female Democratic senator addressed them. Both women, who are scholars and activists within the Muslim community, wrote about how they were brushed off in an op-ed in The New York Times. No, that’s not quite accurate. They torched these Democrats in their opinion piece.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/06/26/liberal-critic-of-islam-female-democratic-senators-wouldnt-even-look-us-in-the-n2345388

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

IMO, if you are going to fight the war on terror, a good place to start would be the offices of rat congressmen.

When it comes to the pay gap, abortion access and workplace discrimination, progressives have much to say. But we’re still waiting for a march against honor killings, child marriages, polygamy, sex slavery or female genital mutilation.

I'm not trying to virtue signal, but I have never been a fan of sex slavery or female genital mutilation.  In fact, I'd even say I was against female genital mutilation before it was cool to be against female genital mutilation.  I've got no use for it at all.

It is very entertaining to watch female rats gag themselves while protecting the oil rich Sultans.  I like to believe some of them are ashamed, but mostly I wish they could be silenced behind a veil of cloth.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
I'm not trying to virtue signal, but I have never been a fan of sex slavery or female genital mutilation.  In fact, I'd even say I was against female genital mutilation before it was cool to be against female genital mutilation.  I've got no use for it at all.

Remember the good old days, when Oprah was against FGM?
Seriously!  She spent an entire episode featuring
a fashion model from Africa who had been a victim of FGM.

How is there even any controversy about this?
How is it that there is anything less than universal abhorrence of FGM?
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline endicom

It is very entertaining to watch female rats gag themselves while protecting the oil rich Sultans.  I like to believe some of them are ashamed, but mostly I wish they could be silenced behind a veil of cloth.

Being an ideologue means not having a conscience.