Author Topic: TV news crew’s truck stolen while reporting on Downtown Albuquerque crime  (Read 523 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Someone stole a television news station’s SUV in Downtown Albuquerque while the crew was gathering footage for a story about crime in the area.

Michelle Donaldson, KOB news director, said the crew watched as the vehicle was stolen near First and Central.

The crew was in the area reporting on recent concerns about crime and safety by the local business Lavu when they became part of the story.

“I have a rule, that you can never be the lead of your own newscast,” Donaldson said. “So this violates that rule.”

KOB recovered the vehicle within a half hour without police assistance by following the GPS tracking device that was on board, she said.

“We went to that location and recovered our own stolen vehicle,” Donaldson said.

She said the thief was no longer with the SUV and it had already been damaged. The SUV was locked and the keys were not left inside. Donaldson said she is not sure how the thief started the SUV.

“I’m relieved that our people are OK and I’m relieved that we’ve recovered our property, but I’m very angry that somebody can walk up to a parked, locked, vehicle in front of you in this city and drive it away,” she said. “It’s a helpless feeling to know you can’t do anything about it.

More (but no video): https://www.abqjournal.com/1022857/tv-news-truck-stolen-while-reporting-on-downtown-albuquerque-crime.html

Thought about slapping this in Ridiculous News, but it's worth keeping separate.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:46:12 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dis be called "social-media" justus !

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
A couple of decades ago, there was a rash of car thefts in Yellow Springs, Ohio.

An officer left his car running in front of a bar,
and went inside to tell everyone to be careful with their cars,
because cars were being stolen.

Most readers have already foreseen what happened next.

The thief heard on the police radio
the reports of the car being stolen,
so he abandoned the car in another town seven miles away, and fled on foot.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Maybe the Tweekers from Breaking Bad are on the loose again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln