Author Topic: There’s One Thing Trump Can Do To Ensure Republicans Keep The House In 2018  (Read 487 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Right now, I think it’s fair to say both parties are worried about the House of Representatives in 2018. Either way you slice it, President Donald Trump is the deciding factor.

Either Trump can rally the base, continue making the Democrats overreach and embarrass themselves or Trump can sink and take the Republicans down with him. Those are really the central tenets of either side’s strategy going into the midterm election cycle.

And, let’s be honest, it really could go either way. ...

Donald Trump, on a Friday morning, needs to go on a Twitter spree about how Nancy Pelosi is his biggest roadblock in the House. His focus needs to be on needing Democrat support (probably because of House conservatives) and how Pelosi has made it impossible to reach across the aisle. The important thing here is that he has to sell it. Really sell it. Granted, he is a television guy. He will know exactly how to handle this.

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2017/06/24/theres-one-thing-trump-can-ensure-republicans-keep-house-2018/

I think he could be correct.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I think he needs to get the GOP Congress to fully repeal Obamacare and give the middle class a tax cut. Nancy Pelosi doesn't figure into my support for Trump or the GOP but the other two items do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:37:05 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

If the Rats start working with Trump and the Pubs in the legislature we will see the Pubs move even further to the left.

On the big issue of obamacare the Pubs have not shown a desire to repeal this intrusion into my personal liberty. If the Rats get on board you can bet it will get worse.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

If the Rats start working with Trump and the Pubs in the legislature we will see the Pubs move even further to the left.

On the big issue of obamacare the Pubs have not shown a desire to repeal this intrusion into my personal liberty. If the Rats get on board you can bet it will get worse.

Trump campaigned on one major issue and it was thee #1 issue that rallied people across the country and it was the #1 issue that ignited his campaign - THE WALL!!!

Have people forgotten?  Congress quickly stifled any chance of that happening by eliminating funding in the budget, so he needs to find a way to build the wall that he PROMISED!  Without it ... he's toast.

Bammycare is secondary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.