Author Topic: Jared Kushner reportedly invokes fury of Palestine leader after he rattles off list of Israel demands at meeting  (Read 1008 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 A meeting between Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas and Jared Kushner did not go as planned, according to reports on Saturday.

The “tense” sitdown between the 82-year-old Palestinian leader and President Trump’s chief Middle East adviser in the West Bank city of Ramallah came during Kushner’s first solo trip to the region.

Trump has tasked his son-in-law with rekindling long-dormant peace talks between the Palestinians and Israel.

Abbas was reportedly furious at Kushner for relaying a list of demands from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to translations of London-based Arabic daily al-Haya.

Kushner meets with Israel, Palestinian leaders to talk peace

Palestinian officials were “greatly disappointed” by the meeting, according to Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

“They sounded like Netanyahu’s advisers and not like fair arbiters,” an official told the newspaper. “They started presenting Netanyahu’s issues and then we asked to hear from them clear stances regarding the core issues of the conflict.”

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/jared-kushner-meeting-palestinian-leader-not-article-1.3275129

Does this kid have anything approaching a brain?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:27:55 pm by Mod1 »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“They sounded like Netanyahu’s advisers and not like fair arbiters,” an official told the newspaper. “They started presenting Netanyahu’s issues and then we asked to hear from them clear stances regarding the core issues of the conflict.”

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/jared-kushner-meeting-palestinian-leader-not-article-1.3275129

Does this kid have anything approaching a brain?   

Even if Jared were a master negotiator (and I have my doubts), the close personal ties between the Kushner family and Netanyahu automatically makes Jared's "impartiality" suspect.   There's no getting around this.

I hope the President replaces Jared with Tillerson in this effort.

Offline Frank Cannon

....according to translations of London-based Arabic daily al-Haya.

So this story is fabricated bullshit manufactured from some terrorist propaganda rag?

....according to translations of London-based Arabic daily al-Haya.

The US, British and Israeli press are running with this story.   White House "officials" have denied the President is considering pulling out of the peace process.

Whatever the truth, Jared Kushner is an unnecessary complication to brokering a deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

Offline Frank Cannon

Whatever the truth, Jared Kushner is an unnecessary complication to brokering a deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

Hate Kushner with a passion and want his slumlording ass to go away, but the original source for all these stories is total shit. Fist off, I can find no London based daily named al-Haya.

HonestJohn

Hate Kushner with a passion and want his slumlording ass to go away, but the original source for all these stories is total shit. Fist off, I can find no London based daily named al-Haya.

It's probably a misspelling of Al-Hayat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hayat

BassWrangler

Honestly, could care less what Kushner does or does not do re: negotiation with the "Palestinians".

Any attempt at an agreement is guaranteed to fail, because the "Palestinians" believe all of Israel rightfully belongs to them. They've been indoctrinated with that, and with fervent Jew hatred, since birth. If you could get them to speak openly and honestly about their desires, they would tell you that the only "peace agreement" they will accept is one in which every Jew is driven out of Israel and into the sea to drown. You can't negotiate with that.

I don't hate Kushner.  And I don't know what fist off means .... and really don't want you to tell me because reading your posts for a while, I'm sure I won't appreciate it.

But, I'll repeat.  True or not, this story highlights a vulnerability that works against the US's effectiveness in brokering a peace deal.  A vulnerability that will be used against us --whether right or wrong--every time Kushner's name or face is linked to our efforts. 

If we're really going to again try for a peace deal, we've enough obstacles, we do not need this one.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:06:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Honestly, could care less what Kushner does or does not do re: negotiation with the "Palestinians".

Any attempt at an agreement is guaranteed to fail, because the "Palestinians" believe all of Israel rightfully belongs to them. They've been indoctrinated with that, and with fervent Jew hatred, since birth. If you could get them to speak openly and honestly about their desires, they would tell you that the only "peace agreement" they will accept is one in which every Jew is driven out of Israel and into the sea to drown. You can't negotiate with that.

Neither side is serious, IMO @BassWrangler   I'll go with former SOS Jim Baker's assessment in 1990: 

''I have to tell you that everybody over there should know that the telephone number is 1-202-456-1414,'' Mr. Baker said. ''When you're serious about peace, call us.''

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,970468,00.html

BassWrangler

Neither side is serious, IMO @BassWrangler   I'll go with former SOS Jim Baker's assessment in 1990:

I think in years past, the Israelis were serious and offered the PA a very favorable option. Arafat turned it down. So yeah, probably at this point the average Israeli isnt serious about it, but rightly so.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Now that President Trump has fixed the Middle East, we should get started on building that wall.

Online roamer_1

There won't be a deal.