Author Topic: Bernie, Jane Sanders Being Investigated for Bank Fraud  (Read 355 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Bernie, Jane Sanders Being Investigated for Bank Fraud
« on: June 25, 2017, 04:37:48 pm »
http://www.newser.com/story/244769/bernie-jane-sanders-hire-lawyers-in-fbi-investigation.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=att&utm_campaign=rss_us_syn

Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up in connection to an ongoing FBI bank fraud investigation into the couple, CBS News reports. The investigation regards a 2010 loan application Jane Sanders submitted while president of the now-closed Burlington College. Sanders was seeking $10 million to purchase land to expand the college. According to Newsweek, she allegedly fudged college donor levels on the application: Two donors were listed as pledging more than they actually had and a third was listed as willing to donate in the near future despite specifying her donation wouldn't be made until after she died. Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders is alleged to have used his office to pressure the bank into approving the loan, Politico reports.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Bernie, Jane Sanders Being Investigated for Bank Fraud
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:39:17 am »
http://www.newser.com/story/244769/bernie-jane-sanders-hire-lawyers-in-fbi-investigation.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=att&utm_campaign=rss_us_syn

Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up in connection to an ongoing FBI bank fraud investigation into the couple, CBS News reports. The investigation regards a 2010 loan application Jane Sanders submitted while president of the now-closed Burlington College. Sanders was seeking $10 million to purchase land to expand the college. According to Newsweek, she allegedly fudged college donor levels on the application: Two donors were listed as pledging more than they actually had and a third was listed as willing to donate in the near future despite specifying her donation wouldn't be made until after she died. Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders is alleged to have used his office to pressure the bank into approving the loan, Politico reports.

The remarkable thing to me is that if you go to websites with lots of pro-Bernie millennials, they generally take the approach of "I like Bernie, but if he's guilty of this, they he should get nailed for it."

Meanwhile, we see the Trump Faithful all immediately close ranks and attack anyone who points out his missteps.

Never did I think I'd see liberals as more intellectually honest than some of those who call themselves "conservative".  It's very depressing that we're at this point.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn